Playback Speed

Please add this feature soon. It’s been too long…

I’ve given up waiting for variable playback speed, it’s been supposedly in the planning stages for YEARS. Does anyone know of another video player for the iPad that does multiple playback speeds?

VLC, It’s free and has variable playback speed

VLC on iPad doesn’t play files correctly when you change the playback speed, unless something has changed in the last few months. I LOVE everything about Infuse’s UI and how easy it is to play stuff, and if it had variable playback speed it would be nearly PERFECT.

Coming in 6.3 !

Coming in 6.3 !

1 Like

Dude, seriously!? That’s great news! Once it’s out, I’ll gladly pay for 6.

Any ETA on the 6.3 update?

Could be 3 to 6 months or more based on past history for X.X updates like 5.9 to 6.0 or 6.0 to 6.1

It depends on the incremental bug squashes and minor updates and features added.

You’re missing so many excellent features by not going to V6 pro but that’s your option. The more support that Firecore gets the faster they can get updates out so the more paid users the better the product.

I bought the Pro version 5 because I thought that it would have variable playback speed at some point, but it’s been literally years since they started working on it; heck, I was figuring that when they went to version 6 it would be there, but it still isn’t (Who’s to say it won’t be until version 7?). Today is the first I’ve heard of it ACTUALLY coming out. I’ll give my money when I can see that it has actually been released. What are the playback speed options? 1.5x, 1.75x and/or 2?

Please don’t forget to include the possibility of reducing the speed to 96% for reverse PAL speed up (25 fps to 24 fps), and no “time stretching audio”, meaning that if I change the speed, the audio pitch will also change (and not be adjusted) so I don’t have to hear those awful high pitched voices on PAL movies. Also, all music is shifted by a half tone with PAL speed up which is horrible.

No updates regarding variable playback speed?

Upcoming Features (updated 5/12/20) It’s in there.

Variable-speed playback is available in today’s 6.3 update.

Enjoy! :smiley:

1 Like

Please include slow down to 0,96x (with disabled audio pitch adjustment) so that we can enjoy movies which were speeded up for the European market from the original 24 to 25 fps, in their original playback speed and enjoy the correct musical tonality and voice tonality. This drives many crazy!

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20100911194206308

Thank you

Kudos for Update 6.3! :slight_smile:

It would be nice if you could integrate the playback speed directly in the player UI, so I don’t have to go trough the menu (gear icon) first.
It would be even better if you could add a gesture to change speed. Maybe give an option to change gestures in the settings (I don’t need the brightness gesture for example)

I use Infuse to watch dance lessons where I often need to rewind some parts. It’s already pretty handy with the forward/backward scrubbing and the now added playback speed. The above mentioned suggestions would make my user experience superior :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sweet Grandmother’s Spatula, it’s actually here! Bought the newest version!

That’s a good point, being able to change the playback speed without going into options would be even better. I’m not going to complain because I’m super thrilled to actually have this feature, but yeah that would be pretty great.

1 Like

Please add a new suggestion for this so that it can get new traction. Otherwise it might get lost in this thread.

You are able to slow the playback down in increments of 0.05, so it can get to 0.95. Have you tried it to see if that works?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.