Playback issues with Dolby True HD 7.1

Hi,

I am running the latest version of Infuse Pro (5.4) on my iPad Pro 9.7. During playback of movies with a dolby true 7.1 audio track, I experience permanent rebuffering issues (i.e. the small spinning circle showing up) every 12 to 15 seconds. When switching the audio track to regular Dolby 5.1 or DTS 7.1 (when available) playback is fine.
My WIFI (consisting of a 5 GHz setup) is running without problems and I have never experienced any issues besides those.

Any clues?

Regards

Rheinlaender

If you have a chance, can you send in a note from your device so we can look further into this?

Update: Even though I have opened a ticket (#94907) I have not received a response from Firecore. After conducting further testing, I can say that the issue is far more complex and does not only occur with files that have a Dolby True HD track. It seems all video files with a bitrate of approx. 40-50Mbit/s (i.e. bluray isos, or .MKVs with untouched video tracks) show the behavior of constant buffering. I can definitely rule out WIFI issues on my side as I have run various network tests that resulted in network speeds way over 150Mbit/s. In my opinion there is something broken in Infuse that causes permanent rebuffering for those video files. Maybe you should consider increasing cache size or the size of internal buffers.
I would love to hear from you regarding the open ticket…

Rheinlaender

PS The issue still remains with the latest update (ver. 5.4.4) of Infuse.

I’ll make sure this gets looked at. Sorry for the trouble.

Any update on this issue? I am experiencing the same issue with Dolby TrueHD 7.1 tracks when streaming to iPad Pro or iPhone. Apple TV has no issues with playback.

Can you send us a note from your device so we can look into this?