Playback info display (HUD)

When we use Netflix, or EMBY, or Youtube, it is avaible for us to obtain the basic video information to know current video situation.
For example:
Video current resolution info: 3084*2160@60Hz
Encode: x265
Current Networks Activities: 50Mbps
Buffer: 30s
DV, DA, HDR, etc…

Can we add this feature?

1 Like

Moved your post to a currently running thread for this suggestion.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

If possible, please add developer HUD support so we can see debug records to test out if movie format is playing correctly

1 Like

Hi,

It´s possible to add this feature as standard in Infuse for aTV ?

Like it happens on MrMC for aTV :

I moved your post to a currently running thread requesting this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

1 Like

+1 and liked!

This is the information i would like to be available:

Count of buffer underruns / buffer status
Count of dropped frames
Decoding errors/statistics
Source framerate/Apple TV framerate
Source muxing info (MKV etc.)
Playback demux info (when available)
Apple TV CPU/RAM info (if possible)

Thanks!

+1! Would be especially useful for testing/troubleshooting HDR/DV issues.

1 Like

It would take away the magic.

Hi,

I’d like to have a statistics overlay for Info like Bitrate, Resolution, fps etc.

1 Like

Another for a geeky request to add this information, not really needed but its nice to know what its streaming at.

It’s good for debugging. When your Dolby Vision HDR is very green and very red, you want to know what the hell is going on inside.

Would love this feature for debugging.

I hope pressing Command + i would give media info of playing video (HDR/SDR/DV), about audio bitrate, number of channels and more things like that.

And if possible can you add customisable buttons to seek from chapters in video? I watch anime and it has chapters in it but theres not possible way to just directly skip to that specific chapter in video.

I moved your post to a currently running thread requesting this feature.

EDIT TO ADD: In regards to your other question

To do that in Infuse on the Mac,
First, go to the gear icon on the controls and select the gear and then “Advanced Options”

Then select “Chapters”

1 Like

Might as well?

I mean during playback.
With all important data, for example:

• Video codec
  • Audio codec
  • Framereate
  • Video mode
  • Count of dropped and skipped frames
  • Cache health
  • CPU / memory / storage usage

That would also help with debugging.

I mean a similar Codec Info as in the one in MrMC, but an even better one! :wink:

I really do not understand why Infuse do not have this. All pro players have such a thing.

You can support to this thread:

1 Like

Thanks!

I would love to have playback info display and i’ve been asking for it for quite a while.
Hopefully it will be added in the near future :blush: