Playback info display (HUD)

Hi

I’m using Apple TV 4K with Infuse 5 Pro.

Is there any way to see playback information display in Infuse 5 Pro when streaming 1080p and/or 4K video contents from NAS ?
Information about bitrate for video and sound etc…

I configured my Apple TV 4K to show developer mode (by enabling it though Xcode on iMac 5K). Since then, iTunes movie streaming and Netflix streaming shows information about video/sound bitrate, network throughput etc. However, nothing shows on Infuse Pro 5.

76 Likes

I am having a similar request. Is there a possibility, to show the playing time and rest time directly? At the moment, one needs to bring up the info pull down menue, and then press menue. Or press pause and play. Also, when it comes up to the end of a movie, like around ten minutes before the end, The rest plying time is no more displayed. Maybe this is not starting from an absolute time, but from a certain percentage before the end. Thanks guys :slight_smile: And btw, though there are still some little quirks, infuse is by far the best player around, that I know.

Moving to suggestions.

+1 for this. Would be really useful to overlay some playback statistics while playing

+1

The thing I would want the most is information about the streaming cache.

+1 this would be really handy.

I can’t quite understand this simple yet, important feature is still not there even on Infuse 6.

2 Likes

James, is there any particular reason why this simple, yet essential feature is not made yet??
Is this a complex task in terms of implementation in tvOS environment?
I only ask because just about every BD player and media players in various platforms has this feature. So, I’m guessing there must be a very good reason for Infuse not to have this feature.

+1

+1

+1

Hi guys,

I love the way Infuse keeps getting better and better with every new release.

There is something that’ been missing since the beginning and that would really make my life easier and that many users would love.

Could you please add a way to display information about waht’s playing as an overlay in one corner ?

The information i would personally love to have would be :

• Video Resolution (480P, 720P, 1080P, 2160P) with FPS
  • Audio (2.0, 5.1, 7.1, etc…) with the Audio Codec (AAC, Dolby, Dolby Digital, Dolby Atmos, DTS, DST MA, DTS X, etc…)

I do know that Infuse Pro supports many many codecs but i never know if what i’m playing is the original codec or if you’re transcoding or using a different codec.

Netflix added that feature after many user’s requests and i find it very useful.

Kind regards,

Elie

Hello,

It would an awesome if you could add the real time stream information like Youtube - Info for Nerds, Netflix video/audio info and with a nicely presented info (UX). Of course this info has to be an optional with a selection or click/touch on the UI.

Thanks

4 Likes

Yes. format, hdr, hz, bitrate, audio/vid codecs etc etc. I realise that the Apple way is to hide things from the user; but we already have a nice pull down info bar whilst playing… perhaps we could have an ‘advanced info’ that can be enabled here from settings?

3 Likes

Yes! The one feature I feel Infuse is missing compared to Plex is being able to see video information while playing. What the current video bitrate is, etc. That would be amazing!

1 Like

I also think it would be a great idea to see the video information that you are playing. +1 from here

1 Like

Would be awesome, +1.

1 Like

Important info is:

Where the file is storaged (for example Synology DS XXXX)

File size and bitrate

Rating (for example IMDB with direct link)

Related movies (direct access to other movies from the same genre)

Showing actors from the movie, you are watching (with direct access to the same actors in other movies you have storaged)

Director info (a synopsis of the filmmakers style, filmography etc.)

I have been waiting a long time for these things to pop up.

Kind regards.

Struggling for years how uninformative video/audio info tab is in Infuse. Please consider fix it. There are many threads here (like this one) asking to improve it with (video resolution, audio track info, etc). Many streaming platform players have it for ages…
Like this:
IMG_2012

I would really love to see more information about the video when pressing down from the video playback screen.

I mean: resolution, encoding, frame rate, etc