Play Surround sound track and PGS subtitles is out of sync

I’m a subscriber of infuse pro. The infuse’s interface is very good and I like it very much. However, I found the Infuse is still not good in support the playback of multi-channel audio tracks and the support of PGS subtitles.

There are 3 points:

1. Audio track play out of sync
    Whether it’s a DTS-HD MA (5.1 or 7.1) track or a Doldy Digital (5.1) track, there will be situations where the video track and audio track play out of sync. I found that there are many users feedback on the problem of lip syncing in the forum. This really does exist.

Here is a sample file download link:

If you use Infuse to play this video of the conversation with DTS-HD MA track or Doldy Digital track, you can clearly see the lip sound is out of sync. It’s play in Kodi or MrMC is very good.

1. PGS subtitle track play out of sync
    With PGS subtitles playing, subtitles will appear and disappear more slowly than the content of the video track.

If you use Infuse to play this video cilp with No.2 subtitle track(Title name:国配中文简体特效黑边内), PGS subtitle content and filmmaker’s subtitle in the video is out of sync. It’s play in Kodi or MrMC is very good.

1. PGS subtitle animation dropped frames
    More movement, more change, the more severe the dropped frames, and the rendering effect will be erroneous.

If you use Infuse to play this video cilp with No.4 subtitle track(Title name:简英双语特效), When “Blue Planet II” appears, you can see the PGS subtitles are very heavily dropped frames, and PGS subtitle color is white. It’s play in Kodi or MrMC is very smooth, and you can see the subtitle from black to gold in the animation.

To make it easier for developers to reproduce my problems, I provide my playback environment:
Apple TV 4K - tvOS 11.2.6
Frame rate matching - turn on
Dynamic range matching - turn on
tvOS Settings > Video and Audio > Surround Sound - Dolby Digital 5.1(I used sonos only support DD 5.1)
Video mode - SDR 4K 60Hz
Infues Pro 5.6.10

I think this support is necessary and I hope developers can fix it.

Many people have encountered the same problem. Now I have provided some sample and my test environment. I hope developers can solve. If these problems are solved, I think I will buy a lifetime license.

Welcome to the forum, and sorry for the trouble.

We have in fact tracked down an issue in this area that can appear in certain cases, and are planning to have a fix available soon.

I’m very glad to hear this and hope to fix it as soon as possible.
If this problem is fixed, it will be the best player on apple tv.

1 Like

I tested 5.7 and I’m glad it has fixed the sync problem of the sound and pgs.
There are only 3.PGS subtitle animation dropped frames.
Thanks, make persistent efforts!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.