Play button issue

Is anyone else seeing an issue playing video where you have to press the play button twice to get a video to play? I select a video initially and hit “play” and then I get a black screen with the time/seek bar at the bottom and then nothing happens. When I press play again the video starts to play. Seems to be a recent issue, never had this problem before. Thanks.

I’ve never used the play/pause button to start a video, only to pause and restart one. I always use the touch pad click to start videos.

I found it easier to use the touch pad to select a video and then just press it to start the video instead of removing my finger from the touch pad and finding the play/pause.

I did try the play/pause button and it too starts the video with only one click. Not sure what would be causing your issue.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I’m pressing on the trackpad to start playing the video, not pressing on the play button on the remote itself. Seems pretty consistent so I’m not sure what’s going on.

Just for trouble shooting purposes, try pressing the play/pause button once instead of the touch pad and see if it starts. If it does then maybe your touch switch is getting cranky.

Are you using the tvOS 11.3 beta?

IIRC, they fixed an issue related to the play button in beta 2.

Not on the beta, just the latest 11.2.5. Seems I have the issue regardless if I start playing using the physical play button or pressing on the trackpad.

Looks like the issue might be fixed with the latest infuse release. I’ll keep an eye on it, thanks!

I have the same problem.
what is the solution?

Upgrading to 5.6.8 seems to have fixed it for me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.