Pin individual collections to Home Screen

Plex just added the ability to add single collections or smart collections to the homescreen.

In my case I have a collection for my “watchlist” for movies… all the movies i want to eventually get to… i then create a smart collection based on the previous collection but filter watch status. It then shows on my homescreen as my newest movies that I want to watch. Once I do watch one of them they are removed from that list (smart colleciton). Its absolutely brilliant.

Would this be possible? Just do add individual collections to homescreen.

8 Likes

It would be great to be able to show a specific collection(s) on the main screen like Plex allows. In addition why do we still not have tv show collections yet?

With Plex you can show a specific collection on home screen. This is a huge miss with infuse.

1 Like

Agree 100%
I cannot believe had to dig around this forum to find such an obvious (yet not implemented) feature.
I managed to hack movies collections by creating smart playlists so I can display them as a row on home screen. But for TV Shows the problem is that Plex manages the playlists as episodes/videos and not as whole series (which makes sense), so the hack doesn’t work in this case.

are we able to have more control on collections and be able to list collection categories on the home screen?
like so

1 Like

You can only do that using playlists. But with playlists you cannot do that with Series, since it list episodes. It’s a mess.

1 Like

And collections is far more useful for mixed films and TV series (as well as series-only collections) for the reason you mentioned.

Would love to be able to pin a few of my custom collections to the Home Screen:

All the Netflix MCU tv series in chronological order, by season release date.
A huge BBC / David Attenborough Collection of nature documentary series and movies.
A huge collection of space science & space exploration documentaries.
A collection of all Star Trek series and films.
A collection of all Star Wars properties (including several parodies, such as the ones from Family Guy, Robot Chicken, and of course, Mel Brook’s Space Balls).

Disappointed this isn’t here yet.

Also disappointed we haven’t yet been given the option to replace the sometimes hideous auto-generated 2x2 poster grid with our own attractive custom artwork.

This has been added in today’s 7.4.4 update. :slight_smile:

Long-press on a collection poster, or navigate through the Home Screen list management section to add, remove, and reorder collections.

1 Like

Cool! Than you. :slight_smile:

James this is great! Thank you. Any plans on implementing smart collections as well as tv show collections?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Plex Smart Collection order incorrect

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.