Picture-in-Picture on iOS 9

It’s been several months since iOS 9 was released and I haven’t seen support for picture-in-picture added yet. Is this supposed to be a feature of Infuse 4? Infuse is the most elegant video streaming app for iOS, and it would be nice for it to be the most state-of-the-art app too…

Read this on another post somewhere:
Since infuse uses its own media player and not the iOS one it does not support picture-in-picture and probably never will.

Now maybe it could support side-by-side? Would need James to confirm if that is possible or not.

Yes, PIP is currently limited to the built-in iOS video player.

It’s possible this could change in the future, but we don’t have any info on that.

It might be possible to transcode the video and then send it to the iOS player, but that would be a big battery life killer and I don’t know if iOS devices are even fast enough to do live transcoding. Especially not with HEVC.

Best bet is to use an iPhone for infuse “PIP” and iPad for everything else. Just place your iPhone on a corner of your iPad. You can resize it by switching between SE, Regular, and Plus iPhones.

Side by side would be just as welcome, at least in my view. I don’t know if it’s technically possible. But just like I used to be on my MacBook Pro and watch TV in the background, I would like to be able to browse, say, IMDB while watching a TV show. It’s the same experience.