Photo viewing

I would really like to see photo support. ???

2 Likes

Please don’t let Infuse became like other bloated apps…
Plex player is a good example of an app that tries to do everything but it’s not good at anything

1 Like

I don’t understand why people are resistant to this feature request. You don’t have to use and if you don’t use it you would never know that’s it’s there. Infuse would be exactly the same.

Currently I use infuse for movies and my home videos. It just makes sense photos are supported also? I hate going to another inferior app (like plex) just to see my photos.

Again, if you don’t want to view photos in Infuse don’t add a directory (share) to your photos? There would be no action needed by the user not to view any photos. Everybody is happy except developers of competing photo viewing apps which are terrible.

Of course, if people are really getting their panties in a bunch over adding this feature the Infuse developers could create a new app and call it “Infuse Media”. I would pay for it. I’m sure they would like another revenue stream.

Heck, just make it an “in app” purchase for the photo viewing feature. Now, everybody should be happy?

1 Like

I think the reason some are not for photo viewing is the fear that Infuse will start to suffer from the “Swiss Army Knife” feature bloat that the software does EVERYTHING mediocre but nothing well. I’d love it if Infuse could do photos too (and music if we’re doing the pie in the sky routine) but not at the expense of spending less time on the video playback and features that are related to that. Now if that comes about, I’d be happy to use it but it’s not a necessity.

I’d love this feature too, especially because Infuse already has very good support for Windows shares, etc., even to the point of allowing a password.

I agree that the “swiss army knife” issue is important, but now I have to use another app just for viewing pictures, which means I’ll have to set up my Windows shares twice and change them twice if any changes occur.

I think the “swiss army knife” issue can be solved by supporting videos and images only, not PDF, not epub, not audio, and so on.

Infuse is perfekt to stream all the different videoformats. But i miss realy the possibility to stream also photos. That would be greate and Infuse could be the master App for all multimedia files.
Please add the photo view function.

1 Like

+1 for photo support.
Family media like trips and events always have photos as well. The lack of photo support in Infuse mean that any family memoirs content need to use another app.
I would defienetly prefer to use Infuse and my single (any) media streamer.

+1 - would be great as options currently available are very poor so would attract a new market to infuse

Hi,
I was about to suggest “library mode” with deep folder scanning, but then I found out it is already suggested and even received feedback that it is in your plans, which is great news. Apart from that, what is needed to make Infuse the ultimate media player for Apple TV (killing any competition from Plex and others) is adding audio playback and photo viewing options. Couldn’t find if this is already suggested. Good luck and keep up the good work !

2 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1

adding audio playback and photo viewing options.
+1

+1

+1 Agreed,

+1

I have to say: this is main feature why I will never leave Infuse - please add Photo and Music support. We need full library features (as seen on atv black).
+1

+1

+1 and an expansion of the request.

If you do add music support, I’d love to see support for Flac and/or Apple Lossless that contains 5.1 surround audio. From what I can find there currently is no app for the Apple TV 4 that supports it. I had to convert them to AC3 and embed in a video file in order to play them through my AT4.

And naturally a couple cool visualizers would be nice to keep the TV screen refreshed. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Audio incl. hi-res FLAC/ALAC playback on ATV4 would be great!

I would also very much appreciate camera photo/video support with library functionality even if a separate paid “Infuse photo” app specifically for Apple TV. It is actually shocking how poor the choices are for photo management and display on the biggest screen in the house currently–I think there is great opportunity there. Apple photos, MrMC, Plex, various fileexplorer apps and all the me-too cloud based apps all fall on their face in some way or many ways. Something that will stream LOCAL camera photo and video with an actual nice to look at interface, folder navigation, favorites, no faff with servers and transcoding or cloud services, hook into good native apple slideshow capability, and some library functionality/categorization would be GREATLY appreciated and would happily pay.

1 Like