Over saturated Black in video playback

Hi, anyone having the same issue? The videos are too dark for playback. I have adjusted my brightness and it didn’t help too.

Yes, I’ve been having the same issue since updating to infuse pro 3,
The setting for brightness was different for the previous version.
I hope this is corrected ASAP!

The same with me, both with wi-fi sync and downloaded movies even with brightness at 100%.
Would be nice to introduce something like an exposure and contrast controls.

Guess I’m not the only one. Haha, I thought my videos were broken or something.
And yes, it only happens on Infuse 3. Infuse 2 was working fine.

I have sent a request for the team to check it out too. Shall wait for their response.

Hmm, we’ll take a look at this.

Which device, and iOS version are you seeing this on?

I’m running latest iOS on iPad 4 and iPhone 6 plus with infuse pro 3

Hi James, mine is iPhone 6 plus with iOS 8.1
Appreciate your assistance in looking into this. :slight_smile:

I’ve been having the same issue since upgrading to infuse 3 pro. Been using VLC for now. Looks like the contrast for the video is set too high for whatever reason and increasing brightness doesn’t help. VLC has more granular option for adjusting the video with brightness, contrast, hue, saturation and gamma options. I’m in ios 7.1.2 with an iphone 5 as well as iPad 4th gen ios 8.1. Hoping the issue gets resolved since I’d like to go back to using infuse since I love the interface. Attached two snapshots of videos one played with infuse and the other with VLC.

Hi James, Mine is ios 8.1 on iPad Air and Infuse 3.0.1

Hi,

I too am experiencing this issue of video playback being too dark - see attached - Infuse pro vs player without DTS.

I’m using Infuse Pro on an iPad Air 2 running iOS 8.1

It spoils what is an otherwise perfect player for me.

James, has this been acknowledged as being a problem?
It seems from others, that this wasn’t an issue in previous versions?

I really want to use (and recommend) this app but this problem makes that impossible currently.

Could you give us an update when you have time?

May I also take this opportunity to Congratulate you on an amazing app and well done on the DTS certification! That must have taken a lot of time and money to get arranged .

Many thanks in advance
Dan.

This is one of the videos I have

We’ve tracked down what was causing this, and have gotten it resolved.

We’ll be submitting a new build to Apple with this fix as well as a few others shortly, so it should be hitting the store within the next week or so.

Sorry for the hassle.

Fantastic news! Thanks for the update James and for taking the time to resolve. Hugely appreciated.

Thank you James and for the hard work the team has put in, appreciate that! :slight_smile:

Great! Thanks for the prompt solution.

Update -

Infuse 3.0.2 was submitted to the store today with a few changes, including a fix that now ensures black levels are correctly displayed.

Attached are a few before/after examples that show the change.

Thanks for your patience. :slight_smile:

That’s great! Thank you!

Hi all,
I 've just updated to 3.0.2 and the darkness issue is now resolved as James promised.
I would just like to say thanks again to all involved.
Great player, great support, great staff!

Great! Thanks for following up, and for the kind words. :slight_smile: