Outgoing network connections

I’ve never used Little Snitch and was just curious after reading their web site it sounded like once you clicked allow it wouldn’t trigger again on that but I may be reading it incorrectly.

One other possibility and it’s strictly a wild guess but since the mac os version of infuse is (or at least was) a port of the ios version it may have something to do with the background app refresh that the tvos and the ios versions do when Infuse is inactive. Again, just a SWAG on my part.

If you allow it forever (instead of just once or until quit) it won’t trigger again.
That’s why I deleted the allowed rule to test if LS would ask again, while Infuse was closed. And it did after a while.

That’s what I suspect as well, especially since I had iCloud Sync enabled in Infuse’s Sync settings.
I disabled it for now and will see if that makes a difference (it shouldn’t while in beta).

The post you quoted talks about network connection to a NAS not to ntp.org. In order for Infuse to talk to the NAS / shared storage it must map a drive, I suspect this is not un-mapped when the application is closed. (@James could confirm?)

When LittleSnitch asks for permission to let it through, surely you can get details on which process, and hence which binary is requesting the access. I can see from the screen shots it suggest its “Infuse” but if you can get the details, it may make it easier to undersand the process of it happening when Infuse is close.

Also, to make sure my Activity Monitor app isn’t broken, I looked at this with TaskExplorer too, with similar results.

While Infuse is open, TaskExplorer shows it, including related dylibs and files:

When Infuse is closed, there are still loaded files shown in TaskExplorer, which might in fact be related to iCloud Sync or the Catalyst development framework (my assumption):

Regardless of the connection type, it still connects somewhere with Infuse being closed, which is – to me – unexpected behavior, even if the details might be slightly different.

It’s the infuse executable within the Infuse.app package, not some other process.

Ok so when you see that, what is process ID 94789 ? You say you can’t see it in the task list, what does the command line say? If it says no such process then maybe LittleSnich maybe has a bug, wouldn’t be the first time which is why I stopped using it.

What you could is to run “ps aux | grep 94789”. this should tell you what process has that PID

It is Infuse and the process ID exists only while Infuse is open.

Sure, Little Snitch has bugs, like every other app. But given that this only happens with Infuse connections and Infuse is the beta software, and the fact that it is a Catalyst app, ported from the iOS version that seemingly leaves some iCloud related Infuse processes loaded (as per TaskExplorer), my money is on this actually being an Infuse bug or just a way Catalyst apps behave.

For information, I have indeed mapped a shared folder of my NAS via SMB 3.
But when Infuse is not running, I have regular connections to this folder via SMB with the mac’s IP (and this is the only mapping I have in SMB on the mac, the rest is in AFP) .

As a reminder … I am French ^^