OSX 10.3.9 Troubles

I have DL’ed and unzipped my purchased file with Stuffit Expander. The .img file is there but inside the MacOSX file there is nothing. Now I know there is supposed to be one there because when I unzip it on my PC I see it there.

What am I supposed to do now? I cannot mount the .img file at all.

BTW - did not know this was a Mac only proggie until I had spent my $50…that just sux. I saw that info no where on the site when I bought it.

Sorry I sound so frustrated but I have been at this for an hour on my eMac and have not accomplished one thing so far.

Update - I tried DL’ing it (used up #2 of my 20 paid for DL’s) directly to my eMac and now there is only one .img file that is unmountable. Still no luck. :cry: :evil:

Have read just about everything I can get my hands on in here today. Found an OS boot link and DL’ed it to my Mac. It DL’ed just fine and mounted properly. Deleted all ATV flash files that I had scattered on the desktop of my eMac and DL’ed ATVFlash 3.43 once again. It still fails to mount and now after a few hours of trying everything I could think of I am still stuck…I’ll wait on any suggestions. Thanks.

I might be able to do something for you. I just need to know if you can not mount the aTV Flash dmg and the AppleTV OSBoot dmg or just the aTV Flash dmg.

Only the OS Boot will mount. Have tried it on two eMacs (same OSX version) with no luck. Have downloaded it four times so far. Now I see a newer version out today.

Thanks for the reply.

Does the newer version work for you? If not please let me know so I can try a trick and see if I can get it working for you. :smiley:

That would be great, thanks. I’ll give it a shot tonite.

I DL’ed the newest version and it also fails to mount. If I try to mount it by doubleclicking on it I get “aTV Flash (3.4.4), no mountable file systems”.

2Z694-5573-2.dmg (OSBoot) still mounts fine.

Well, it’s going on almost two weeks now and I have a big fat zero. Guess I blew that $50. :frowning:

The requirements for aTV Flash do say 10.4 or later. I was trying to create the image file a different way, but Apple changed Disk Utility in 10.5 so it doesn’t really support the older .img file format. I’m still looking for you though, I’m hoping to find you a solution soon.

I did not see that. Thank you very much. I’ll try to upgrade to 10.4 and give it another go.