Option to sync ALL metadata and libraries to iCloud

While iCloud sync might be cool, how about simpler solution with just local db. I keep all my files on my NAS, and it will be much easier to just keep some sort of local database (xml) in the same folder as videos that show what is viewed and what not. I store rest of the data there anyways (images, that are used as folder icons in Infuse), so one more file for fully offline view would be awesome.

2 Likes

:wink:

+1000, at least for me this is a must.

With the Nas used as metadata store, then is a dream!!!

I’m happy to see this feature request pick up interest. With 2TB of iCloud storage, I’m practically looking for excuses to fill it.

Regardless–and to the point–I haven’t used Infuse on iOS for months, simply because I don’t want to get banned from GDrive for two consecutive days just to get the library indexes done. It’s just too much hassle having to get every individual device up to date; not to mention, despite corrections being advertised as syncing, there are usually thousands that still need to be re-corrected after an index. I’ve created tickets for all of these issues.

I’d love this feature. Plenty of iCloud storage available. Having to resync metadata and thumbnails is very time consuming.

On the list. :wink:

2 Likes

Excellent ?

Great :slight_smile:
And please sync the complete AppleTV Settings also to iCloud, if this is possible :wink:

Could be on NAS storing on the list too? :wink:

1 Like

YESHHH, feature suggestion validated! Thank you!

This would be great!
There are enough users who have enough iCloud storage to spare for the metadata.
I’d love to see this implemented as an option.

I just bought a new 4k Apple TV and this is exactly when it would be super useful to be able to sync all the data. It’s indexing forever now!

Seeing this discussion with PENDING status makes me so pleased.

Agreed a complete metadata library sync with iCloud.

I am using the standalone pro version due to in-app purchase does not support family sharing.

From v4 to v5 to coming v6, it is always to painful to upgrade because you need to uninstall old app and data, then install new app, then re-scan and download all metadata again, it is a nightmare when you have a huge collection thousand of movies, in different languages and many manual corrections, it took 7 hours to complete this task last time.

I tried Plex, but Infuse does not support Plex Collections, very difficult to use when I want to watch for example all Charlie Chaplin movies. With NFS/SMB, I can make Collections by grouping movies by folders.

Same reply as your other post. Both versions support family sharing. https://community.firecore.com/t/-/13836

Yes but that requires trakt, I don’t use that.

And again, like I responded to your other post, if you choose not to use the means available it’s all good, I just want to make sure other don’t read your post and misunderstand that family sharing is available in the in app purchase version.

Thanks. I meant to use in-app purchase without trakt.

+1

Why limit it to iCloud? Would be best to have an option on where to store it: Network share, cloud services (same as already are supported for streaming?) etc.