Option to disable auto library updates (manually scans only)

Hey James :slight_smile:

Please add an Option to disable ALL Auto Library Updates!!!
Always on Infuse Start (and sometimes in between), the Library is getting updated…

But it’s absolutely not necessary to check my Library for Updates all the time!
If I want to add a new Movie/Show, then I can manually click on the “Refresh”-Button on the Homescreen!

So please add an Option to disable all the “Auto Updates” in Infuse :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This could be also very useful (if not lifesaving) for people with many shares (Favourities) which can not be all always available - scanning even when nothing was changed takes forever due to waiting for timeouts (resulting also in indexing failure, which means that scanning will be automatically repeated soon and so on …).
I know that it may be important only for minority of users, but I am addressing it also to the others asking for support to this suggestion - it can really help and increase the quality of everyday usage.

Regards
Tomek

2 Likes

Seconded! With large libraries it takes a long time and when there is no change I have to wait until it is done. Granted, it has become a lot faster but I don’t see the need running an update when you know nothing has changed!

2 Likes

Can we reopen this request? I agree a toggle would be great for those who have large libraries or multiple shares that aren’t always connected.

Could we have this option in settings? The question was asked before with no response Option to disable "Auto Library Updates" (manually only) tvOS

@james sorry I know you guys are probably crazy busy with other things, but just to follow up on this, are there any plans to add this feature? Maybe as a toggle in settings or a standalone button on the main screen?

You can see what new features are planned for up coming releases here.

Read through them before posting, but didn’t see anything for this particular feature. Did I miss it in the notes somewhere?

Nope, but it didn’t sound like you had seen the page I linked to since that’s where all the public announcements on upcoming features are.

Are suggestions like this auto library update toggle given consideration based on upvotes?

That’s a part of the decision making. If only one or two people want it chances are it won’t see daylight unless it happens to be a very simple change that makes sense to the developer.

It’s always a good idea to like the first post in any suggestion you would like to see enacted.

Makes sense, thanks for the info.

1 Like

Love the tvOS app but I would like the option to disable the auto refresh at startup. So I can open the app and browse my library without the NAS turning on all the time. A manual refresh would suffice. Any chance you could make this possible?

Thanks

2 Likes

I second this. I use Google Drive, and auto-scanning is very API-heavy, which can result in bans (and will on fresh installs), especially when just installing Infuse and the libraries need to be created and indexed.

1 Like

Any chance you even consider implementing that?

Hi,
This is my first message on this forum. I just created account for it - earlier I was only reading the forum looking for interesting information and news.
I am using Infuse Pro 5 for a year now. I bought it as main (and actually only) complement to AppleTV 4K.
For this year of using Infuse Pro my biggest concern is that I can not start watching content as long as content fetching is still running - instead of movie or TV episode I see rotating circle. Scanning and fetching starts automatically each time I start Infuse Pro and in case of earlier issues with scanning.

My suggestion is to add new setting flag which when set would be read by Infuse as “I have library scanned and up to date i do not have to start scanning for new content by myself”. When not set (default) all the actions done by Infuse would be like they are now.
Manual pressing new refresh button on main screen or “Scan for Changes” in Library menu would start scanning and content fetching like it is now.

Why is it so important to me?
I have big library located on 6 Shares (NFS).
Scanning with no new content takes 4 minutes with Infuse Pro 5.9.1. But only when all shares are available. When one of them is not available it takes additional minutes and scanning is repeated (indexing of not available share was failed) after each content watching (for example after watching one TV episode I can not start another - I have to wait for another scanning - several minutes).
To avoid this before starting Infuse I have to start all shares.
With suggested change I could start only the shares I need in this moment and could enjoy the watching instantly.

I do not know if it matters here but this is also very environment friendly suggestion - a lot of saved Watts from not switching on not needed at the time shares are on the line :).

Last thing, during this year I saw somewhere on this forum proposition to add new position to context menu showing when you press button for longer time on each of the Favourites icons on main screen. This position would be “Scan Favourite” and as name says would scan and fetch content from only this one Favourite. This would perfectly match with my suggestion.

I am looking forward to any reply and/or comment.

Kind regards
Tomek

Welcome to the forum!

There is a suggestion already running here Option to disable auto library updates (manually scans only) that I believe is the same as you’re asking. Please feel free to add your support to that thread.

Thanks for pointing me there.

I don’t like that Infuses automatically scans things.

This should only be optional.
Is there such an option?

2 Likes

Good point