Option to disable "Auto Library Updates" (manually only) tvOS

Hey James :slight_smile:

Please add an Option to disable ALL Auto Library Updates!!!
Always on Infuse Start (and sometimes in between), the Library is getting updated…

But it’s absolutely not necessary to check my Library for Updates all the time!
If I want to add a new Movie/Show, then I can manually click on the “Refresh”-Button on the Homescreen!

So please add an Option to disable all the “Auto Updates” in Infuse :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This could be also very useful (if not lifesaving) for people with many shares (Favourities) which can not be all always available - scanning even when nothing was changed takes forever due to waiting for timeouts (resulting also in indexing failure, which means that scanning will be automatically repeated soon and so on …).
I know that it may be important only for minority of users, but I am addressing it also to the others asking for support to this suggestion - it can really help and increase the quality of everyday usage.

Regards
Tomek

2 Likes

Seconded! With large libraries it takes a long time and when there is no change I have to wait until it is done. Granted, it has become a lot faster but I don’t see the need running an update when you know nothing has changed!

2 Likes

Can we reopen this request? I agree a toggle would be great for those who have large libraries or multiple shares that aren’t always connected.

Could we have this option in settings? The question was asked before with no response Option to disable "Auto Library Updates" (manually only) tvOS

@james sorry I know you guys are probably crazy busy with other things, but just to follow up on this, are there any plans to add this feature? Maybe as a toggle in settings or a standalone button on the main screen?

You can see what new features are planned for up coming releases here.

Read through them before posting, but didn’t see anything for this particular feature. Did I miss it in the notes somewhere?

Nope, but it didn’t sound like you had seen the page I linked to since that’s where all the public announcements on upcoming features are.

Are suggestions like this auto library update toggle given consideration based on upvotes?

That’s a part of the decision making. If only one or two people want it chances are it won’t see daylight unless it happens to be a very simple change that makes sense to the developer.

It’s always a good idea to like the first post in any suggestion you would like to see enacted.

Makes sense, thanks for the info.

1 Like