Opensubtitles.org issues

Hi.
I’m using Infuse Pro for AppleTV and enjoying it very much. Great program!

But for the past …month or so (perhaps even longer) opensubtitles.org have either not worked at all, or ben very, very slow. I looked at http://stats.pingdom.com/vmgrzuzmq3f2 amd noted that they have had really huge downtime on several occasions.

Now my questions to you are:
Are you aware of this?
Have they informed you of the reason to the server downtime?
Have they given a time or date when whatever issue(s) they are having will be solved and service returned to normal?
Why have you not provided some alternative subtitle provider?

Kind regards
Göran

OpenSubtitles is a very popular service, and at times can get overwhelmed with the number of requests that come through.

I’ll reach out to them to see if they have any info.

Yes, I understand that. But this is not any random server fatigue. These are serious down times; one day had an outage of 17 hrs.

If the cause is too much traffic they desperately need to expand their capacity. And I’m guessing that you are paying something for their service, and thus have the responsibility towards f ex me, as your paying customer, to make sure that what is promised will be delivered.

I am looking forward hearing from you with their response to your ‘reach out’.

Kind regards
Göran

Quick update.

We’ve been working with OpenSubtitles over the past few weeks, and are happy to announce the upcoming 5.6.9 update will support OpenSubtitles new faster API infrastructure which is reserved for preferred partners.

We’re hopeful this will help avoid issues with downtime in the future. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I don’t know what they did but it has been few days now that I get the list of subtitles immediately. But it’s good to know that Infuse will get the VIP threatment in the future as well! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.