Notifications for newly added videos

TvOS 11 now supports notifications. Would be nice to see an notification if the library is done updating.

3 Likes

Hi! I was wondering if there was any way to receive a notification from Infuse when a new episode is added in the directory he follows ? Thanks.

1 Like

Infuse currently does not have the ability to send notifications.

I’m moving this to the suggestions forum. :wink:

2 Likes

What’s wrong with the “Recently Added” section?

Recently Added is only visible when you’re in Infuse. A notification would be sent regardless of what app was open at the time or on the OS lock screen.

It’s easier to ask whatever is doing the automation to send a notification when executed. Let it be torrenting or ripping software. Usually, it’s built in.

I hope I have classified my suggestion correctly

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well. I recently had an idea and would like to share it with you. Wouldn’t it be great to receive a notification whenever a new episode or movie is uploaded? I imagine this in the form of an orange bell that appears along with the other tabs on the Infuse homepage. This bell would indicate the latest content. I am aware that a similar function already exists, but it does not always work reliably and often only shows the complete series cover without highlighting the new episodes in detail. In order to be able to immediately see whether new content has been uploaded, there could be a number on the bell, similar to what you see on YouTube. I’ll probably add another picture to clarify the concept. As always, thanks for the great work, Infuse is :heart::popcorn::movie_camera: