So I recently brought Infuse for my Apple TV after being impressed with how slick it is. After buying the Pro version (I tried out the “lite” version first for a month or so) I was able to have most of my media recognised and those files that weren’t were manually edited to the correct ones. I was then able to navigate in and out of folders at will with NO issues. I have the SAME internet connection I did then.
I then made the mistake of having it updated to the latest version.
1) Now I frequently get told “unable to connect” when browsing a folder. Then, when you navigate to the parent folder (even though you were browsing there before) it says “unable to connect” again.
Also, if you try to change/edit the metadata, after selecting the correct one, browse back and you get “unable to connect” again.
In fact, the “unable to connect” message is so frequent now, that half your time is spent navigating out of the app completely, then re-opening it in order to browse again.
2) Plus, artwork is a BIG issue. Now all of a sudden, many folders will NOT display the folder.jpg artwork that it use to do prior to the update.
This results in many folders simply looking like a blank folder icon and makes the GUI look ugly.
Also, when selecting the correct metadata, the artwork initially loads up fine, but about 2 minutes later it will suddenly refuse to show and give you a thumbnail of the video instead. So even though it has fetched the correct metadata, it periodically won’t fetch/display the correct artwork accompanying that metadata.
I have quite a few folder.jpg and cover.jpg artworks for folders and many of them are no longer showing now!
ALL of the above events have ONLY started happening after the latest update. I have the SAME network and settings and before everything worked fine, but now the app is almost unusable.
If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful because the app is terrible now
3) I would also like the ability to selectively erase metadata for specific videos. For instance, if I have a video about Sharks and I go to edit to select the correct one, it might come up with 5 different titles called Shark. Unfortunately, there’s no way of knowing which one is the correct one UNTIL you select it, navigate back and find it’s incorrect. So now you go to the next title called Shark and try that etc etc.
…but let’s say none of the 5 are correct - you’re now stuck with the last title you selected with no way of deleting that metadata alone. You can delete ALL metadata for EVERYTHING but that’s not ideal when you have a large library and only want selected videos to be changed.
If no 3 ^^^ could be implemented in a new updated that would be great too