Not able to get local files on iOS/iPad to show in Infuse 6 Pro library?

Hi there,

I’m starting to transfer movies to my iPad Pro 12,9-inch 3. Gen for my upcoming long-haul flight and I noticed that transferring and saving the files locally in the “Files” app in iOS 12.3.2 or iOS/iPadOS 13 BETA’3 does not seem to work with Infuse?

I can’t seem to locate any way within the app to open local files? Even after transferring the files within the “Infuse” folder that already exist in the Files-app on my iPad they are still not being picked up by Infuse. I can open the files app, locate the *.mkv file and use the open/forward function within iOS and choose “Copy to Infuse”. The Infuse 6 Pro app will open but nothing happens, nothing copies, no video is starting, it’s not showing in the library, nothing.

Playing these files directly using SMB/File-share works as intended, but obviously that’s not going to work on the flight.

I was hoping to use Infuse with locally stored *.mkv files as I have 1TB of storage, so there should be plenty and as most of my Plex-library exists of BluRay remux’es with 4K HEVC encoded video and Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio audio I would have to spend a lot of time letting Plex re-encode them into iOS-compatible formats as SYNC feature in Plex enforces you to re-encode the files. Re-encoding 4K HEVC into 20mbps 1080p h.264 and re-encoding the audio takes forever and might cause de-sync so I would much rather just toss the original files into the iPad and have Infuse Pro do it’s magic.

Am I overlooking something here? We’ve had the Files-app for a while now so it seems strange for Infuse to be incapable of adding these files to it’s library, or at least manually playback the individual *.mkv’s one by one?

Best regards,
RamGuy

This is the behaviour of the files app. Move the files over using iTunes or download them from within Infuse for offline viewing (they won’t be re-encoded).

Somehow I managed to completely ignore the download function within Infuse, that pretty much solves it all!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.