Noob Question

OK,

I bought the AppleTV Black a week ago and was very dissapointed with it, I had seen the original at a friends and wondered why his did a lot more than mine ! The answer was ATV Flash.

I came to this site and purchased the beta and then the micro-usb from amazon and thought I was good to go !!??!!

On my AppleTV menu it says the version is 4.1.1 Does this mean that at this moment in time I cannot proceed with a Jail Break ?

yes you will have to wait with all of us I tried to tether last night but wireless would not work.

the tethered works just fine. you just have to have a mac os 10.6 for it to work properly.

either way jailbroken or not BACK UP YOUR SHSH BLOBS RITE NOW.

check out my old posts on jailbreaking and if you still have questions pm me.

OK Thanks,

I do have a mac on 10.6 but dont fancy going through the final process everytime I power the Apple TV down.

I will check your older posts now as I've been seeing a lot of comments on these SHSH Blobs and how they are some a total lifesaver.

Thanks a lot for your help.

[quote="garethh.1639"]

dont fancy going through the final process everytime I power the Apple TV down.

[/quote]

Do you power it down that often? Sleep mode it works fine, just make sure you dont unplug it from the wall. Ive not had to unplug mine since i purchased it, well except when jailbreaking it.