No PLEX plugin?

I have wiped my device and installed 4.4.4 unteathered and installed the latest build of aTV 1.1.1.  However, when going to install the plugins, PLEX isn’t listed.  Have I done something wrong?

Any clues?

According to the moderator here (James), Plex has not been updated for 4.4.4 yet. You will have to wait for them to release an update. You’ll have to use the main interface or XBMC for now.

Any ETA for the Plex client? I just bought aTV flash after the unteathered 4.4.4 jailbreak was released (I am using iTunes match) because I wanted to use it with Plex :frowning:

Plex for ATV2 0.9.0 Beta 4

works great with my upgraded 4.4.4 ATV2

Instructions how to get PLEX (0.90 beta 4) on a Jailbreaked Apple TV 2 (4.4.4):

Be sure your Apple TV2 is on

1) Start Terminal on your iMac 2) Type: ssh root@apple-tv.local

it will say its not connected just type YES

3) Type: alpine (the password) 4) Type: echo "deb http://www.ambertation.de ./downloads/PLEX/" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plex.list 5) Type: apt-get remove com.plex.client-plugin 6) Type: apt-get update 7) Type: apt-get install com.plex.client-plugin=0.0.9.0.0-312c11b0

Now your Apple TV2 should reset and when its starters there is PLEX.

(hint: you can also copy => paste the lines in terminal)

suc6

iFred

www.ifred.nl

[[wysiwyg_imageupload:133:]]

Anyone have instructions on how to add Plex manually on ATV2 running 4.4.4 with Win ?

This is a quick tutorial on how to install Plex 0.9.0 Beta on your Jailbreaken Apple TV with firmware 4.4.4. This entire tutorial was done using Windows 7.

What you will need to do this:

Jailbroken Apple TV 2 (4.4.4 will be used in this tutorial) How to
Putty SSH Client (Or equivalent) Download

Step 1: Turn your Apple TV on and navigate to Settings > General > Network. Write down the numbers next to the “IP Address” field. For this demo I am going to use “192.168.0.114″

Step 2: Launch Putty.exe …You should not have to install this application.

Step 3: Enter your Apple TVs IP Address under the “Host Name (or IP address)” field and hit enter. The first time you do this it will take a longer amount of time and warn you about security. Click “Yes” on the pop-up.

Step 4: It will ask you “login as:” enter “root” to log in as the root user and hit enter.

Step 5: It will ask you for your root user password. Enter the default password of ”alpine” and hit enter. (the password will not show as you type)

Step 6: Now you have to add new Cydia sources. Copy the text below, right click in Putty to paste it, click enter when done.

echo “deb http://www.ambertation.de ./downloads/PLEX/” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/plex.list

Step 7: Now you have update your Cydia database. Copy the text below, right click in Putty to paste it, click enter when done. It may ask you a couple of yes or no questions. Answer “y” every time.

apt-get update

Step 8: Install Plex for Apple TV 4.4.4. Copy the text below, right click in Putty to paste it, click enter when done. It may ask you a couple of yes or no questions. Answer “y” every time.

apt-get install com.plex.client-plugin=0.0.9.0.0-312c11b0

Step 9: Apple TV will reboot and you will see a PLEX menu now.