No joy jailbreaking Apple TV 2 with any of the options!

Hi,

I only received my Apple TV 2 this week. It came with 4.2.1 installed.

Today i've tried jailbreaking with all three options and each one appears not to work:

Season Pass

- appears to go ok but when it comes to the point where it points iTunes to the modified psw file something goes wrong and says that the iTunes script failed. A psw file is installed but I think it may just be the official Apple one. Season Pass has never said that the jailbreak has worked and I can't SSH in.

Green Posion

- had a lot of trouble getting into the DFU mode but eventually did and it suggested that the jailbreak was completed. Waite the 40+ seconds it suggests and loaded ATV 2 up but no indicaton of Green Poison or Cydia on there.

Pwnage Tool

- Said that it couldn't find the appropriate firmware and gave up.

I'm previously an aTV user on the original Apple TV so i'm not entirely new to this so I don't know why i'm having so many problems. Is it anyting to do with the latest versions of iTunes and OS 4.3?

Any help greatly appreciated.

TT.

Same problem here

It sounds like it could be an issue related to the USB cable being used.

You may have better luck with a different cable.

[quote="james"]

It sounds like it could be an issue related to the USB cable being used.

You may have better luck with a different cable.

[/quote]

That did occur to me (and it was a cheap cable from Amazon) but it wouldn't explain the scripting error in Season Pass.

Worth a try though. Will have to lay my hands on another one.

After you jailbreak, you won't notice anything different until you actually install something. For instance, you can install a plex client by following these directions: http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/20051-plex-client-for-apple-tv-2g/

You can also install nitoTV to add some functionality and a way to get a list of stuff to install.

[quote="jofo"]

After you jailbreak, you won't notice anything different until you actually install something. For instance, you can install a plex client by following these directions: http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/20051-plex-client-for-apple-tv-2g/

You can also install nitoTV to add some functionality and a way to get a list of stuff to install.

[/quote]

I knew that was the case with Season Pass and Pwnage but with regards the first, it didn't confirm that the jailbreak had worked and I wasn't able to ssh in, and with Pwnage it just keeps telling me that the firmware bundle is wrong (which it isn't.) 

I gave up in the end and installed iOS 4.3 in the hope that an untethered jailbreak is on its way (i've read on blogs that one is already in Alpha.)

TT.