No google drive on Infuse 6 Pro Apple TV

Hi,

I recomended a friend to buy Infuse Pro 6 so I can share my movies stored on google drive.

He installed Infuse Pro 6 on Ipad, and included google drive folder without any problem, but when installing Infuse Pro 6 on Apple TV, he doesn’t watch the google drive folder, and there is no way to include it manually from the apple tv version.

Why is that? It has icloud sync option turned on, but it doesn’t seem to work.

Just to put it in context… ipad is still scanning all the library (about 25% progress so far).

Maybe icloud sync just work when scanning is done?

Why doesn’t have the Apple TV version of infuse Pro the possibility to add google drive to the library without the need of and Iphone / Ipad?

Thanks in advanced.

My understanding, from comments James has previously made, is that the necessary api for setting up/authenticating the google drive connection are not provided by google SDK for tvOS, but they do for iOS.

If you set up the connection on iOS and use iCloud sync in Infuse then the connection information will be copied to the ATV and then the google drive should be available.

Thanks for your response. It was what I did with no problems at all in my own device, but my friend is having problems since it doesn’t seem to sync.

I hope it is just because it is analyzing the library and maybe it syncs with icloud afterwards.

Do you know if there is a way to force the sync?

Regards,

Are you sharing your iCloud ID with your friend, or are you using Family Sharing to share the app?

Google Drive connections will sync via the same iCloud ID, but will not sync between Family Sharing members.

If you want to share your Google Drive videos with your friend, your best option may be to create a shared folder in Google Drive, and then have them log in with their own Google Drive account. This way you’re not having to share private login info with others.

Thanks,

It is solved. My friend had two different icloud accounts and once realized, it synchronized perfectly.

Thanks to all for your help.

Hi,

I actually have the same problem. Using Infuse Pro 6, I can see my Google’s content on my Ipad.
However, while I’m using the same iCloud’s account on both my ipad/ATV, iCloud sync is turned on, the ATV’s library remains empty.
Do you have an idea?

Thanks

You have to manually add the google drive to your Apple TV account. Once this is done metadata will sync.

James(Staff member) said in an other topic :

"When adding Cloud Services, you can select from Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive by tapping the Protocol button which appears after tapping the Add Service button.

Unfortunately these services don’t support authentication from the Apple TV, so the connection will need to be set up on iOS. "

Or can you tell me how to proceed?

Thanks for your reply

I am facing the same problem. The content appear in iPhone, I use the same iCloud id on iPhone and APTV 4k (which is not @gmail.com), I have set up the Google Account on iPhone but not in APTV (did not find the place to do it). We’ve the process twice. The Google Service setup in the phone does not appear in the inFuse on APTV sharings. What is left to do? I am using inFuse PRO 6.

For those who are facing similar problem - this is how I have just solved it: it turned out my iCloud disk space was full. I upgraded it and it started working just fine. A heads up to the fireCore guys: add a simple alert messages to let the users know when the phone can not sync with iCloud due to any reason at all including not enough disk space.

Thanks for following-up!

We’re actually looking into a few cases like this, and are working to display better messaging in Infuse.

That’s is great! I am looking for a APTV 4K to run Infuse as well and the only thing that prevents me from using it is the necessity of having an IOS device to be able to set up the Google Drive service in APTV - can’t you just make sure we can do it without the need of an iOs or create an Android app to be able to set it up?

Thanks.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the ATV doesn’t include the necessary frameworks which are required for connecting to Dropbox, Google Drive, etc… so an iOS device will be required for now. Sorry. :frowning:

This could change in the future if/when Apple adds new features to tvOS (maybe in tvOS 13?).

1 Like

Android is fully integrated with all the Google world - can’t you please look into creating a little app for Android that would allow us to perform the Google Drive service setup? That is the only thing preventing me from getting a APTV and buying your software.

Will keep it in mind. Thanks.

FWIW, Infuse isn’t available on Android right now, so there may be a better way that doing an Android app for this.

Yes, I know it is not available. BUT, for me, it would be nice to be able to use INfuse on APTV without the need of owning an iPhone. The android app suggestion was just to do whatever you need the iPhone to do on the current implementation once I understand APTV can not do all the Google authentication alone. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t own an iPhone or an iPad so I can’t add my Drive library to infuse on APTV 4K, which is very disappointing.

Hopefully a solution for people like us will be provided in the future.

2 Likes

I’m in the same situation as you.
I don’t have any Apple device ( neither iPhone nor iPad ) and I want to buy an Apple TV 4K to use the INFUSE application but since I need an Apple device with IOS to be able to link my Google Drive account with iCloud and then with Infuse, I can’t do anything at all.

What a pity !

Please, a call to the INFUSE Developers Team: Can you make an exclusive application for Android users to link my Google Drive account with the Infuse application without needing an iPhone or an iPad ?

Thank you very much and congratulations for the application!

1 Like

I’m in the same situation as you.
I don’t have any Apple device ( neither iPhone nor iPad ) and I want to buy an Apple TV 4K to use the INFUSE application but since I need an Apple device with IOS to be able to link my Google Drive account with iCloud and then with Infuse, I can’t do anything at all.

What a pity !

Please, a call to the INFUSE Developers Team: Can you make an exclusive application for Android users to link my Google Drive account with the Infuse application without needing an iPhone or an iPad ?

Thank you very much and congratulations for the application!

1 Like

My initial disappointment lead me to find an alternative solution.

Turns out, there is.

You guys can add your Drive account to Infuse without an IPhone /IPad.

On your PC, mount your Google Drive account as a disk drive, Rclone does this.

Then use Samba protocol to share the mounted unit, it will show up on Infuse, add it to favorites, job done.