No Errors -- But No JailBreaking Either

I have an ATV2 4.2.2, SP .7.6(73), iTune 10.3.1(55) and am working from a latest MBP.

I have followed multiple tutorials and all deliver the same results – everything goes smoothly with no error, and then when I connect atv2 up to the TV it is restored but not jailbroken.  Here is what happens:

• SP successfully creates AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_Restore.ipsw in /Documents/Tether

• I can get into DFU mode with no trouble

• iTunes opens, but can’t find the .ipsw file (off, since I’m just going with all the defaults) so I have to select it for iTunes

• iTunes begins restoring

• Everything works fine, and both iTunes and SP give me thier success dialogs

• I disconnect atv2 from the MBP’s us cable, and connect it to power/hdmi/ethernet on tv

• I answer the atv2’s config questions, and get the factory restored screen – no indication of jailbreaking at all, and I cannot ssh into it

There are pleny of posts from people encountering errors and suggestions on how to deal with them.  But what do you do when everything looks like its working fine, but clearly isn’t??

It sounds like you may actually be restoring the normal AppleTV firmware.

The file Seas0nPass actually creates will be named ‘AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_SP_Restore.ipsw’ and will be located in your home folder.

That would explain things.  But it raises this question:

Why isn’t SP creating the correct .ipsw?  There is nothing in my home folder, and spotlight cannot find the file “AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_SP_Restore.ipsw”

SP does however create a folder called “Tethered” in the “Documents” folder, and creates the “AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F305_Restore.ipsw” in there.  When I delete the “tethered” folder and run SP again, it just creates “Tethered” and the same .psw without  the “SP” in its name again.

This seems really bizarre – I mean how could I have downloaded the only version of SP that does this?