"So, in an effort to establish a pattern and track down what's going on can those who are having trouble post the following information.
- Brand and model number of AV receiver.
- How is your AppleTV connected to your receiver? (E.G. HDMI from AppleTV to receiver - HDMI from receiver to TV)
- Version of AppleTV software (check in Settings --> General --> About).
- Are AC3 and DTS enabled or disabled in Media --> Settings menu?
- Are you having trouble with AC3 or DTS sound?
- Confirm you are running the latest version of Media Player (check in Maintenance --> Manage Extras - version 1.0 should be listed and marked as 'Installed')"
1. Denon AVR2105 receiver
2. Apple tv 2 via hdmi to Philips TV via digital coax to Denon AVR
3. Apple tv 4.2.2
4. AC3 enabled + DTS enabled
5. No trouble with AC3, but static with DTS, both on tv speakers or speakers on Denon AVR
6. Media Player 1.0-192831
temporary solution: setting the DTS to Disabled gives me stereo…