I updated AppleTV to 3.0, created the patchstick with 4.0, went through the install process on the AppleTV, and rebooted. Now all I get is AppleTV 3.0. No ATVFlash at all.
Have you seen this post from aTVFlash?
I downloaded 4.0 onto a different computer, created the install drive, and did a reinstall onto ATV. Same results as before, no ATVFlash.
Same thing happened to me.
i tried 3 times via the instructions. i had to do a factory reset. now my ATV will not update from version 1.1 - it says Apple TV cannot update at this time, try again later.
i am a little upset about this as i was having a movie viewing tonight and wanted to show off aTV Flash to a few friends.
i have successfully restored things back to factory 3.0. whew… not gunna use aTV Flash until a later version now.
The process for updating the AppleTV to 3.0, and installing aTV Flash 4.0 is as follows:
- Remove all copies of aTV Flash (folders, files, everything) from your computer.
- Download a fresh copy here: https://www.atvflash.com/account.php
- Format the flash drive to be used as described here: http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Reformat_Flash_Drive
- Update AppleTV to 3.0 through Settings > General menu. (Note: Updates may need to be enabled through the Maintenance > Settings menu.)
- Install aTV Flash as before. The current 4.0 version will be installed, and will overwrite the outdated version that is on the AppleTV.
If you’re using an external drive as primary iTunes storage you need to add these steps:
- Before updating AppleTV to 3.0, switch to internal storage through Maintenance > Settings menu (synced media on external drive will not be changed)
- Update AppleTV to 3.0
- Install aTV Flash 4.0
- Run Smart Installer to enable USB port. http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Smart_Installer
- Change storage back to external drive. The media that was previously synced to the external drive will be recognized so you won’t need to resync all your media over again.