nitoTV vanished

I’m on the latest version and nitoTV just disappeared suddenly. I’ve tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it to no avail. I’ve even tried going through SSH and manually installing it, but something happened after installing your software that nitoTV (though it says it’s installed in your menu system under maintenance) doesn’t appear in the ATV menu. Any ideas???

hmm I have no idea

It happened after I installed ATVFlash. I’ve used nitoTV for more than a year and was on the latest version. It worked when I first installed ATVFlash, but then it just disappeared. When I try and install it now at the command line I get the following error message:

dyld: Library not loaded: /Volumes/Data/Safari-trunk/OpenSource/WebKitBuildTiger/Release/JavaScriptCore.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptCore
Referenced from: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaScriptGlue.framework/Versions/A/JavaScriptGlue
Reason: image not found
./installme: line 12: 384 Trace/BPT trap installer -pkg nitoTV.pkg -target /
Restarting Finder…

It restarts and nitoTV isn’t installed properly and won’t work. I miss my nitoTV!! Anyone have any ideas??? Many thanks.

• William

Remake your flash drive with the latest version of atv flash

Remake your flash drive with the latest version of atv flash

Already tried that one several times. Any idea what calls into JavaScriptGlue that might be causing the problem?

It’s definitely ATVFlash because it was just after installing the latest version that nitoTV disappeared.

Any ideas most welcome and appreciated!!

• William

Which version of AppleTV software are you running? You can view the installed version in Settings > General > About.

The current version is 2.4.

Which version of AppleTV software are you running?

I’m on 2.4. I updated to the latest when I bought 3.6.1 (for the first time). Previously I had always used nitoTV alone, but had to upgrade the hard drive by hand (removing it from the ATV box) after each ATV software upgrade (which always wiped nitoTV, but your software was such a great find, it’s so easy to install that I can be on the latest ATV software much easier. I’m a fan of ATVFlash except for this one hiccup of losing my nitoTV, which happened when I upgraded to 3.6.2.

• William

Let me see what file modifies the menu list and I’ll get back to you.