Nito TV not working after v3.5.2

I have just installed v3.5.2, upgrading from v3.5.1. There were some error messages during the setup (under Linux). Now Nito TV is not working, smart installer also does not work. I tried to downgrade to v3.5.1 but I got an error message that the v3.5.1 is an older version when I make the patchstick. Now I am stuck with the v3.5.2 and no Nito TV.

I had identical bad experience. When I updated to v3.5.2. from working version of v.3.5.1, there were error message lines when plugged patchstick into ATV. Smart installer does not load. No ability to access harddisk via usb. No ability to use boxee. I tried creating the patchstick four times and each time had exactly the same problem. so am stuck. we need some technical help on what looks like a glitch in the update. is it possible that v3.5.2 needs a patchstick with a capacity larger than 1 gb?

The Smart Installer does not need to be re-run when installing an aTV Flash update. An Apple TV software update is the only time re-running the Smart Installer is required. Unnecessarily running the Smart Installer will result in a ‘partial install or failed message’ as it autodetects which files are needed.

I used 2 different capacities, 1 GB and 2 GB, same results. You are correct, XMBC and Boxee failed to install. Had several error messages saying not enough space in the Apple TV.

Did either of you get this when the USB patch was done?

I agree there is something wrong with this version. I have mine working. But some movie that played before will not play, or the sound will not play. I get like a stuttering or static sound… These issue needed to be fix or is there a way to go back to the old version

Yes, I got that message.

Try adjusting the ‘file playback mode’ in nitoTV > Settings. Change this to either Mplayer or Quicktime.

What brand/size of flash drive are you using? The Apple TV does not like all types of drives unfortunately.

What brand/size of flash drive are you using? The Apple TV does not like all types of drives unfortunately.[/quote]

Not sure if it is the flash drive. I have been using the same flash drive since I first installed aTVFlash in September last year. As I have mentioned, I got a lot of error messages during the install. This is the 1st time for me to experience this. Only after installing v3.5.2.

Please tell me how to install v3.5.1, I still have the dmg file but it refuses to make a patchstick.

What brand/size of flash drive are you using? The Apple TV does not like all types of drives unfortunately.[/quote]

Not sure if it is the flash drive. I have been using the same flash drive since I first installed aTVFlash in September last year. As I have mentioned, I got a lot of error messages during the install. This is the 1st time for me to experience this. Only after installing v3.5.2.

Please tell me how to install v3.5.1, I still have the dmg file but it refuses to make a patchstick.[/quote]

Try this. Open Disk Utility on the Mac.

Select the flash drive, and click the ‘erase’ tab.

Before clicking erase, select the ‘Security Options’ button.

Select ‘zero out data’, then click ‘erase’.

This will completely wipe the flash drive, removing any residual data that may be present.

Try this. Open Disk Utility on the Mac.

Select the flash drive, and click the ‘erase’ tab.

Before clicking erase, select the ‘Security Options’ button.

Select ‘zero out data’, then click ‘erase’.

This will completely wipe the flash drive, removing any residual data that may be present.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it did not work. I attached a picture of the error messages. There were some error messages that I could not capture.[attachment=1]aTVFlash error.jpg[/attachment]

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it did not work. I attached a picture of the error messages. There were some error messages that I could not capture.[attachment=1]aTVFlash error.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

How much free space do you have on the Apple TV? Have you ever had Boxee or XBMC installed?

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it did not work. I attached a picture of the error messages. There were some error messages that I could not capture.[attachment=1]aTVFlash error.jpg[/attachment][/quote]

How much free space do you have on the Apple TV? Have you ever had Boxee or XBMC installed?[/quote]

I have 27 GB free space out of 37 GB actual space. I have XMBC and Boxee installed in v3.5.1 but it is not showing under v3.5.2 even if I select XMBC/Boxee when making the patchstick. Hope you can tell me how to revert to v.3.5.1.

Finally solved the issue. Did a factory restore, re-installed Apple TV 2.3.1 and then patched with aTVFlash v3.5.2