Next Episode button without Continuous Playback

The title pretty much sums it up, I would love to use the new button without having continuous playback enabled.

I often watch shows to fall asleep and depend on Infuse stopping playback to allow the Apple TV to turn itself and my TV off automatically. Enabling continuous playback is therefore not an option for me, but the button would be very handy.

19 Likes

Sounds great to me! :+1:

I’m one of those who doesn’t binge watch often except when there’s a cliff hanger and I know it will bug me till I see what happens. This is what this feature really targets! LOL

Absolutely would love to see this as well.

It seems that having the next button available all the time without having the continuous playback selected in the options would be a plus for the dev too since you could do away with the code to calculate the percentage of time remaining and also not having to check to see if the continuous playback is selected in settings.

1 Like

I don’t think I’d want the “next episode” button selectable two minutes into a fifty minute episode, though? Figure I’d be more likely to select it accidentally than purposefully. Is there a use case where you’d want to hit “next episode” long before getting to the end of the episode?

Considering that in order to use the next episode to begin with you have to first bring up the user interface and then you have to swipe over to the “next” button that would seem to be enough interaction to avoid accidental use but that’s just my thoughts.

Being old we’ve been known to be watching an episode that we’ve realized after few minutes of viewing we’d seen previously and wanted to skip to the next. Sometimes we’re just looking for a specific scene and it would be nice to have the next episode button.

I just don’t see it as a hindrance to have it available as long as it takes a couple of intentional movements like touch, swipe click.

I just ran into this issue too. I prefer to keep continuous playback disabled cause I use Harmony and switch a lot between ATV and PC, I have a TV and an AVR connected as well, and occasionally among all this equipment, the ATV wouldn’t turn off and keep playing in the background.

I’d rather worst case scenario be it plays out the episode and not the whole series. Add that to the fact that it’s become much more cumbersome to mark whole seasons as watched in the latest versions.

I’d also be good with the next ep button being on all the time. Besides what @NC_Bullseye said, there are some shows with very long credit scenes.

Going back to the series UI wouldn’t be such a big deal, but when you have content match on, it takes several second to go back, and then several seconds again to play the next ep.

Not sure what you’re referring to.

All you have to do is long press on the season poster and you can mark the entire season as watched or unwatched.

You can even mark the entire series as watched by long pressing on the series poster.

I think he’s referring to the upgrade that added season tabs to series episode pages in the library — where formerly we annoyingly had to click through series posters first.

Now the series posters are only available via the folder browser interface. Currently no way to long-press on the season tab in the Library view to mark the whole season as watched … unless that happened when I was looking the other way :man_shrugging:t2:?

You can mark a season as watched/unwatched by holding on the “Mark as Watched/Unwatched” button on an episode.

1 Like

I’ll have to try that again. Thanks.

Is there a way to move to the next episode while watching one? I don’t mean anything automatic based on credits. I just mean while playing an episode, a button that will play the next episode because I clicked it.

Not currently but I moved your post to a currently running suggestion thread asking for that feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Hey!
I like to use Infuse on my iPad in the evening and sometimes I fall asleep while watching a show, so I don‘t want continuous playback enabled on there. For the cases where i didn‘t fall asleep yet and I want to watch another episode it would be a lot more convenient than navigating to the next episode manually.

Really love using Infuse, good job on an amazing app! :smiley:

I moved your post to an already running thread requesting this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

1 Like

So any eta available?

Generally, there are not ETAs for most suggestions. Only the ones I’ve been transitioned into in progress or planned status. This one is neither atm.

Pretty sad

When there are 2500 suggestions you can’t plan for everything and not everything can get implemented. But that doesn’t mean this one won’t sometime.

fair enough. but it seem like this is ubiquitous function of a video player and looking at other forum posts it seems this has been requested for longer than a year. it is mind boggling a paid product does not have this ability. can someone give me a reasonable factual explanation why this was not implemented from the start? its insane