Update Apple TV playback UI

Guys check out this video showcasing the new video playback UI for tvOS15.

56 Likes

Thank you for making this into its own post mods! I really feel like natively itself this UI solves a lot of the current clunky feel

1 Like

Are there any plans to use Apple’s new Player UI? :wink:

9 Likes

Visual Chapter navigation is a must

6 Likes

I won’t lie, the latest Infuse 7 beta broke my little heart. The notes listed “Built using the iOS 15 SDK” and I’ve never jumped into an app to play something so quick!

The New Player UI should automatically apply to older apps that are using “AVPlayerViewController”, but it seems you’re not using it? :cry:

Oh well, there’s always the next beta… :wink:

1 Like

Infuse doesn’t use the native player.

Hey James :wink:

Is it not planned to implement the new tvOS Player GUI?

3 Likes

Hey @James,
any plans to update the playback UI now that tvOS 15 is out?

3 Likes

I don’t like new GUI I prefer current.

I thought the overlay was going to change in 7.2 - it looks exactly the same to me.

Weren’t we supposed to get the same UI as the AppleTV+ app? (with info, chapter, subtitles, etc all at the bottom of the screen).

13 Likes

The playback UI for iOS was redesigned in 7.2, but there were no changes to tvOS.

Moving this to suggestions.

2 Likes

But is this planned for tvOS, too? :wink:

3 Likes

Since it’s not listed in the upcoming features and James moved it to the suggestions forum I’d guess that it’s not currently on the short list and they are looking for interest from users by placing it in the suggestions forum.

It’s a great idea, I would like to have the thumbnails of the chapters

Hey @James, any comment on this please? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Any news on this, @james ?

We may look into a redesign at some point, but no ETA right now.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: (Bring back) Support for native tvOS video player

That would be great !

NO ETA = NO THANKS, we’re not interested on this but we are not brave enough to admit it.