new solution for jailbreak atv2 because error not eligible for this version

i Found a new solution to jailbreak the atv2 because seas0npass is giving an error.

tools needed,

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kkbia6lkzijh5mz/048-5479-003.dmg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wa92na5z8o2bj2l/048-5474-003.dmg

https://github.com/iH8sn0w/iFaith/releases/v1.5.9/1085/ifaith-v1.5.9.zip

Total Commader

1. first restore the apple tv with itunes to firmware AppleTV2,1_5.3_10B809_SP_Restore.ipsw (you can find it every where)
  2. use the "shift" button to select your right firmware to restore these in Itunes
  3. Use IFAITH to "show available shsh caches on server " from your official ipsw atv2. disconnect it for now.
  4. you will get a "pop up" and click yes. after that click "fetch the latest SHSH blobs Apple is actively signing" after succesful saving go back to main menu.
  5. Use IFAITH to "build signed ipsw w blobs" (with device still unpluged). ( search for your blobs at C:users\your username\ SHSH. xxxxx1545421-appletv2,1-6.1.4bGM) BUT DO NOT USE IT to jailbreak. Let it sit down on your desktop.
  6. Download and install TOTALCOMMANDER(wincmd)
  7. Drag now IFAITH signed firmware from desktop onto TOTALCOMMANDER icon.
  8. On the left side you should see IFAITH ipsw files,on the right side you search for the 2 dmg files that you download from mediafire.
  9. Mark those 2 files on the right and drag them to left side to IFAITH signed ipsw. Let it overwrite.
  10. After all is done close total comander.
  11. You have now IFAITH firmware ipsw file on your desktop with signed blobs and SEAS0NPASS custom ipsw inside.
  12. Connect your ATV2 to PC , use iReb to enter DFU mode.
  13. After you are in dfu open itunes , press SHIFT +restore and navigate to file on your desktop called as xxxxxxxxxx154D_iFaith_Apple_TV_2-5.3_(10B809)_signed
  14. Itunes will finish the job , use atv flash and you are done:)

let me now if it works :-)

www.ombouwstore.nl

https://www.facebook.com/ombouwstore?ref_type=bookmark

34 downloads from mediafire for the files and zero reply's if it works.....

I haven't been able to get it to work yet, but I'm still trying. It always fails in the restore with ifaith ipsw. Is the 154D_ part important because mine is different that that after I do it.

[quote="jbfaught"]

I haven't been able to get it to work yet, but I'm still trying. It always fails in the restore with ifaith ipsw. Is the 154D_ part important because mine is different that that after I do it.

[/quote]

do you saved your blobs? and used the right blobs in ifaith?

After I fetch for newest blobs, it says it is fetching them, but the next screen where it says available blobs, the only thing there to click is none. I had previously went back to main menu and followed directions from there, but is this critical? Did I miss something?

[quote="jbfaught"]

After I fetch for newest blobs, it says it is fetching them, but the next screen where it says available blobs, the only thing there to click is none. I had previously went back to main menu and followed directions from there, but is this critical? Did I miss something?

[/quote]

your blobs are downloaded to your computer it correct you can't see them in ifaith

[quote="jbfaught"]

[/quote]

your blobs are downloaded to your computer it correct you can't see them in ifaith

Also, when I browse for the shsh blobs, in the user:/shsh, the numerical string is not the same as the one you have posted. This is the same -appletv2,1-6.1.4bGM but the rest is different, the last four being 2045

[quote="jbfaught"]

Also, when I browse for the shsh blobs, in the user:/shsh, the numerical string is not the same as the one you have posted. This is the same -appletv2,1-6.1.4bGM but the rest is different, the last four being 2045

[/quote]

thats ok, every apple tv have different shsh blobs id

Worked for me!  Thank you!

1. Use IFAITH to "build signed ipsw w blobs" (with device still unpluged). ( search for your blobs at C:users\your username\ SHSH. xxxxx1545421-appletv2,1-6.1.4bGM) BUT DO NOT USE IT to jailbreak. Let it sit down on your desktop.

So I do this, even though my number string is different, and it says that the provided apticket looks valid!

Next I browse to the original restore software? or do I download it? By either clicking on browse and finding it or by downloading it and then clicking build, it builds the signed software and puts it on the desktop. Again, this file does not have the same filename (numerical) as the one listed above.

I then drag the IPSW from the desktop that was just created into TotalCommander and copy and overwrite just as described. Then I close the program. At this time iFaith is trying to get me to enter into DFU mode.

When I plug my atv back in however with just the pc cable, it auto throws it back into dfu mode and itunes opens and asks to restore. *edit - finally got ireb to work, trying again*

From there, I simply right-clicked and chose the signed ifaith ipsw.

We'll see

[quote="jbfaught"]

1. Use IFAITH to "build signed ipsw w blobs" (with device still unpluged). ( search for your blobs at C:users\your username\ SHSH. xxxxx1545421-appletv2,1-6.1.4bGM) BUT DO NOT USE IT to jailbreak. Let it sit down on your desktop.

So I do this, even though my number string is different, and it says that the provided apticket looks valid!

Next I browse to the original restore software? or do I download it? By either clicking on browse and finding it or by downloading it and then clicking build, it builds the signed software and puts it on the desktop. Again, this file does not have the same filename (numerical) as the one listed above.

I then drag the IPSW from the desktop that was just created into TotalCommander and copy and overwrite just as described. Then I close the program. At this time iFaith is trying to get me to enter into DFU mode.

When I plug my atv back in however with just the pc cable, it auto throws it back into dfu mode and itunes opens and asks to restore. *edit - finally got ireb to work, trying again*

From there, I simply right-clicked and chose the signed ifaith ipsw.

We'll see

[/quote]

when ifaith build the firmware you can close ifaith.

wont work when i try to move the 2 downloaded files it says too many files only says replace if i copy one 

Working! My critical error was that after I built the signed ipsw, when I reconnected to the appletv, i was forgetting to plug the power cord back in so that i would go to dfu properly. That was the difference for me. Recol, you are the MAN!!! (or woman)

[quote="naffmann"]

wont work when i try to move the 2 downloaded files it says too many files only says replace if i copy one 

[/quote]

can you make a picture from totalcommander and the error

GONNA TRY AGAIN NOW 

[quote="jbfaught"]

Working! My critical error was that after I built the signed ipsw, when I reconnected to the appletv, i was forgetting to plug the power cord back in so that i would go to dfu properly. That was the difference for me. Recol, you are the MAN!!! (or woman)

[/quote]

a man :-)

WHAT VERSION OF ITUNES SHOULD I BE USING IM ON 10.5 AND WHEN I PLUG IN IT WONT TAKE ME TO RESTORE IM GETTING ERROR 1604

Confirmed working on virgin fully updated aTV2. Just had to download 5.3, restore using iTunes and follow the tutorial.

One little change that was a bit easier for me. Instead of using Total Commander. I used Winrar. Which is not freeware. But I would assume that the other zipping/archive programs out there, like 7-Zip or Winzip, can also open ipsw files.Hell even Windows 7/8 built in compressed file viewer can open them. Just rename the .ipsw to .zip. (Just remember once you replace the files you need to rename it back!)

And once opened, just drag the newly downloaded .dmg files into the window to overwrite/replace the existing ones. Super easy!

Thank you very much for the tutorial!

[quote="naffmann"]

WHAT VERSION OF ITUNES SHOULD I BE USING IM ON 10.5 AND WHEN I PLUG IN IT WONT TAKE ME TO RESTORE IM GETTING ERROR 1604

[/quote]

I used version 11.1.3.8, but I would assume any version would work. If you are getting a restore error, or unable to even see the restore button, you will need to make sure your aTV is in DFU mode. You can do that easily by using iFaith and clicking on the button "Use DFU Pwner (iREB)" and following the prompts. Once a pop up comes up saying something like, your idevice is now in DFU mode, with an OK button... DONT CLICK THE OK BUTTON, just leave it open and then open up iTunes and shift-Restore.