New direct mode for Emby, Jellyfin, and Plex

TestFlight is full. You will have to wait a week or two for it to have more slots

https://community.firecore.com/t/welcome-heres-how-to-access-testflight/12514/890?u=munpip214

Hmm okay just thought it couldn’t be full. Will I be notified next week. Link doesn’t work.
Also thought once I was already in beta it would just work.

No, you’ll have to wait till after the release of 7.6 and then start checking a few days after to give firecore some time to do some house cleaning. :wink:

Okay thanks. Will direct mode be in 7.6 and any estimation on when it will arrive.

7.6 is just for new cloud option. Direct mode will be 7.7 and still a few weeks out

1 Like

Like @munpip214 said, the direct part will be a bit but you can always check the status for upcoming in process new features here.

1 Like
  • by reverse order of importance : continue watching (TV) & Recently Added (Movie/TV), Plex watchlist, search, playlists.
  • Movie or Show Name, Release Sorting, Group by Release Year
  • At all times.

I am confused by the latest screenshots: Why the “Connection failed” block when Infuse could cache the last x added elements? Direct mode doesn’t have to rhyme with “zero cache”.
Those placeholders are really ugly :wink:

Why would you want to see content that you’re unable to play? If the connection has failed, you can’t play your media. Personally I’d prefer to see an error message straight away if the server connection isn’t working, I like this design.

Maybe you’re on your way home from work and want to figure out what you’re gonna watch instead of wasting time at home :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Ah ok, fair enough. I was thinking about tvos :smile:

1 Like

Last time I checked. The direct mode said late September. Has this been moved again?
Also my infuse is now on 7.6. How many days does it normally take to open in testflight. It still says full.

Thursday afternoon (Denver time):
https://community.firecore.com/t/welcome-heres-how-to-access-testflight/12514/914?u=munpip214

1 Like

It is still the first week of September. But I wouldn’t hold my breath. This is a huge change to the way infuse collects data and Apples event gets right in the middle of it. James will sometimes put rough dates on the upcoming features but that can always shift. As you release updates you often get new bugs to fix before you want to release yet more features.

2 Likes

Thanks I will keep an eye on it tomorrow evening CET:)

First, this is ugly design, looking like a wireframe. There are beautiful ways to convey this information. For example, utilitarian YouTube displays a message at the bottom of the screen.

Second, “latest elements” are not an ephemeral information (vs. showing stock value if an app hasn’t been able to connect for 3 hours during the day is dangerous for ex) so showing them is valuable, whether or not they can played.

Finally, who does that? I checked quickly several ones and they all show something when Internet is down.

This might also be a good opportunity for firecore to fix their code handling “Do we have a connection, are we identified?”. I can’t count the times where I had to manually dive in the app and force it (usually with Save Shares / speed test) to ask me to reconnect to the server.

:joy:

You can follow the current anticipated release dates for new features here.

Which new screenshots?

1 Like

first post of this thread.