New Computer Seas0npass Error: "The Apple TV "AppleTV" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build

I just purchased a new Macbook Air from the Apple Store (previously I had no issues with my old computer), it has Lion on it with iTunes 10.5.1 (42). When I try to run Seas0npass it seems to work, but then gives me the following error in iTunes:

“The Apple TV “AppleTV” could not be restored. This device isn’t eligible for the requested build.”

Please tell me what to do to correct this, it is very important to me, I feel like returning this computer I am so irritated with it now.

Just checking.

Are you in DFU mode when you are trying to restore or jailbreak your aTV 2?

On the other hand, Seas0npass doesn’t start iTunes script until the unit is detected in DFU mode. So maybe there is something odd with iTunes.

What version do you currently have on your aTV 2? 4.4.3? Is it 4.3?

Same thing for me. Brand new MBP. I triple checked that everything is up to date -  (OS 10.7.2, iTunes 10.5.1, the firmware is 4.4.3) and I followed the detailed directions posted by “Woody.” It gets to the “success” screen and then gives me the error code mentioned above. Looking forward to some wisdom from fellow users.

Common thread thus far seems to be the brand new laptops…

I’ve already jailbroken a lot of units on my old Macbook Pro, I’m not a beginner.

I am in fact in DFU mode and can jailbreak the same unit using my old computer, no problem.

Please someone let me know what to do.

Try adjusting your hosts file as described here.

I have the same issue. My MBP has just been restored and now I am getting the same message. Any ideas? The steps on that link did not help. Thanks