Need to keep iPhone connected to WiFi when streaming from Google Drive to Chromecast

Hi,

I am streaming movie from Google Drive to Chromecast using Infuse Pro 5.2.1 on iPhone 7.
The moment I turn off WiFi on my phone, the movie stops playing on Chromecast - could you please let me know why do I need to keep my iPhone connected to WiFi - as far as I know the app should just work as handshake between the Streaming URL and Chromecast ?

This never happened with my android phone using BubbleUPnP or any other android app, even if I switch off WiFi on android (or switched off android phone for the matter) - the movie used to keep on playing on Chromecast.

Thanks

Since Infuse streams a wide variety of media from a wide variety of sources, the videos go through the Infuse app first and then to your Chromecast. Most sources supported by Infuse don’t support direct streaming to a Chromecast, so Infuse needs to remain in the mix.

Thanks for the quick response.
Does that mean Infuse actually downloads the movie on iPhone from Google Drive and then from iPhone it simultaneously plays on Chromecast?

Hi James, Any updates on this?

Infuse streams the video from Google Drive, and then send that stream to your Chromecast.

Of course, you can choose to download videos from Google Drive instead of streaming them, if you prefer.

Sorry, if my question confused you. When you say “Infuse streams the video from Google Drive, and then send that stream to your Chromecast.” Does that mean infuse downloads video (maybe in small pieces from google drive) and as the video keep on downloading - it simultaneously keeps on playing it on Chromecast unlike the other android sofwares where it directly streams the video to Chromecast? Just trying to understand the workflow here.

Yes. By steaming I mean that Infuse downloads the part of the video that’s currently playing (plus a small buffer) and then sends that to your Chromecast.

Google Drive --> Infuse --> Chromecast

And that answered my question, thanks for the patience :slight_smile:
One last question- is there any plan to implement the directly streaming to Chromecast and then use infuse as a remote only to pause/stop the movie? If not, could you please add it as enhancement to your list?

Is there any plan to implement direct streaming to Chromecast instead of cloud >> infuse >> Chromecast. If not, could you please add it as enhancement to your list?
I was reading on Google that constantly writing the data in SSD will reduce the life of SSD and add you know iPhone also uses SSD. So don’t want that to happen :slight_smile:

We don’t have any plans right now, but I will pass along your feedback. :slight_smile: