Native plex server protocol support

Native plex server support without the use of DLNA would be great.

The Tvos plex app loads instantly.Plex over DLNA to Infuse takes forever to load. Shared folders over SMB load faster but still slow compared to the Native plex app, but you don’t benefit from positional tracking and watched tags being registered by the Plex server and lose all the other benefits of a central server.

Infuse is a much better player allowing direct play and dts/ac3 support (excellent job!). With the Plex app most everything has to be transcoded and this is very disappointing for the majority of Plex users.

Plex users have a major gripe with lack of direct play with Apple TV and plex has no intention of a standalone player for the Apple TV.

VLC for Apple TV has native support with plex but it’s interface is nowhere near comparable to Infuse.

Full native integration with Plex server protocol would be huge and would likely result in a huge influx of new customers that use Plex media server to purchase Infuse!

Registering just to second this post! I personally feel that while Plex has an absolutely phenomenal library backend (the ability to meticulously organize and customize your video collection), their Apple TV 4 frontend pales in comparison to what Infuse offers. Meanwhile Infuse has an excellent video playing client, but doesn’t seem to do nearly as well on library management. (Particularly metadata management)

I’m not sure how much of Plex’s server API is open and available for your use, but if Infuse could recognize and use all of the metadata I’ve added and selected for my Plex library, I feel like i’d be set for life! (I would assume some amount of the API is open, since there are other open source Plex clients such as Simplex?)

I completely agree! Create a third-party support for Plex in Infuse will be awesome! I will be able to watch a movie outside of my house with Virtual Surround. The only reason I bought Infuse is for the support of Virtual Surround. This is the only app on iOS with native support for Dolby and DTS. I’m amazed by this feature. I still hope Plex will implement Virtual Surround too but we don’t live in a perfect world. Please FireCore consider native client support for Plex Media Server.

Thank very much in advance!