NAS > iPad > Airplay to AppleTV

Would this work? Am thinking about investing in an AppleTV 3 pretty much for this reason.

I have a WD My Book Live that I currently store all of my films on. I stream these to my iPad2 (with Infuse, obviously) and connect the iPad to my TV with an HDMI lead. All works perfectly.

I'd like to lose the HDMI lead though. Could I Airplay the films from my NAS to an AppleTV via the iPad? Sorry if this is mentionedI can't seem to find a definitive answer!

Also, when Chromecast support happens do you think a similar thing would be possible? ie NAS > iPad > Chromecast

Thanks!

Yep, this exact scenario is supported in the current version of Infuse.

We're also working on Chromecast support, and when available should work in a similar way. :)

[quote="james"]

Yep, this exact scenario is supported in the current version of Infuse.

We're also working on Chromecast support, and when available should work in a similar way. :)

[/quote]

Ah, right! Maybe I'll just wait for that then! Thanks for getting back to me.

Actually, just been reading about subtitle support for Chromecast. I see certain formats aren't compatible... Do you foresee that being an issue? Seems like the AppleTV might support a wider range.

So, I bought a new TV last weekend and as I was waiting at the checkout, I decided to buy an Apple TV too.

The set up works really well! Noticed that performance is slightly better with MP4 files, and also that subtitles would often display in a strange format when I used mirroring, so am currently batch converting all of my AVIs and MKVs to MP4.

Finally feel I have a super simple and nice media set up!

Still interested to see how Infuse works with the Chromecast though! It's plugged into my TV, but I barely use it now.