My struggle with version 4.3.3

I admit I am still pretty new to this, but I have been reading and reading, but I am still a bit stuck and could use a kick or two.  My goal is an untethered JB of version 4.3.

I got a new ATV2 with version 4.3 on it.  I went ahead and saved the blobs using SeasOnPass and iFaith.  Using iFaith, I was able to download a version 4.3 IPSW and put my signatures on it.  I can now go back and forth between version 4.3 and 5.3, so I know my signatures are good.

When I try to JB it using SeasOnPass, it downloads the IPSW and seems to modify it.  However, when it gets to the part about downloading the signatures, it gives me a critical error every time.

In my reading, I have read about how I am meant to create a JB IPSW using SeasOnPass and a IPSW in iFaith with my signatures.  If I am understanding it correctly, I open up the two IPSW files in TotalCommander, and move the DMG files from the signed iFaith IPSW to the JB SeasOnPass IPSW.  However, I can’t see how to just create the JB IPSW in SP  The current version of SeasOnPass forces me to attach the unit before it will do any work on the IPSW, and then I hit the critical error.  Do I need to find a link to an old version of SeasOnPass to create the JB IPSW (without signatures)?

The other technique I tried was to use SnowBreeze and tried to JB my signed IPSW created in iFaith.  It seemed like it made me the IPSW I need, but I always get error 1603 when I try to restore using iTunes.  I tried it multiple times.  I can restore the non-JB IPSW every time, so I don’t see how it is a cable or timing thing.  The IPSW must not be right somehow…  

Ok… that is where I am now… I am thinking about trying to find an older version of SP.  I am a bit confused why it isn’t possible to just download a JB IPSW for a given version and then swap the DMG files from your signed restore IPSW - but I must just be missing something…

if you have a mac, you can try jb it. Ive been getting the same error whenever i use windows pc. For the dmg file thru TC, ian82 is one of the best.

Got it… I finally broke down and asked, and then stumbled on a similar thread where people were struggling to JB version 4.4

In it the solution was to rename the file s5l8930x_Factory.bin to iFaith.s5l8930x_Factory.bin

The file gets created in the application temp file when SeasonPass is “Creating IPSW”.  Just rename it and the rest went smoothly.

So the big critical error it is complaining about is simply that it can’t find the file…

yup, good thing youve read that thread. its a good one. Enjoy your untethered atv! I also used that method recently

Hi I have a similar problem and tried for 2 hours to find the file to rename it during the process and I simply cant?could someone let me know where to find it,I have tried seasonpass log files,temp files,searching factory,searching .AddData files etc but still no joy?

Hi I have a similar problem and tried for 2 hours to find the file to rename it during the process and I simply cant?could someone let me know where to find it,I have tried seasonpass log files,temp files,searching factory,searching .AddData files etc but still no joy?

follow the thread particularly pages 3 and 4, you need to unhide the pc settings,. And rename the filename, once you are in the process of create ipsw.
http://forum.firecore.com/topic/11092?page=3