Music Videos: any way? / best way to organize?

I did a quick search and didn’t see anything on this, so my apologies if it’s already out there/discussed.

I’m looking for a clean, user-friendly way to organize, store and play music videos. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Infuse is only engineered specifically for Movies and TV Shows, right?

Is there a good way to do large numbers of Music Videos? Perhaps, being able to filter and file by Artist, Album, Release Date, etc. perhaps, Artist folders, for example?

If not, perhaps I will put this in the Suggestions thread.

Thanks!

Infuse doesn’t include specific support for music videos, so chances are these will likely end up in the Library’s Other category.

However, some music videos are listed on https://www.themoviedb.org and those would appear under the Music genre under Movies.

As a fallback, you can add your own metadata and artwork for these videos. A bit more info on this can be found here. Metadata 101 – Firecore

Hi,

I can’t force Infuse 5.7.1 to fetch the local stored metadata. In my xml I’m using

media type=“Other”

But the music video will not appear under the category “Other” but will always be scraped as this Bruno Mars: 24K Magic Live at the Apollo (2017) — The Movie Database (TMDb) movie.

My files are on Google drive, perhaps that makes a difference?

best,
Marcus

Unfortunately external metadata files are not supported when using some streaming options, including UPnP, DLNA, and Google Drive.

It’s a pain but I create an xml and file everything as “movie” then I create genres. I don’t use the genre “music” as I’ve found that too many things get put there. So I use “concert” or “mtv” or “classic rock” etc

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.