Music and photos

Hi,
I was about to suggest “library mode” with deep folder scanning, but then I found out it is already suggested and even received feedback that it is in your plans, which is great news. Apart from that, what is needed to make Infuse the ultimate media player for Apple TV (killing any competition from Plex and others) is adding audio playback and photo viewing options. Couldn’t find if this is already suggested. Good luck and keep up the good work !

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

adding audio playback and photo viewing options.
+1

+1

+1 Agreed,

+1

I have to say: this is main feature why I will never leave Infuse - please add Photo and Music support. We need full library features (as seen on atv black).
+1

+1

+1 and an expansion of the request.

If you do add music support, I’d love to see support for Flac and/or Apple Lossless that contains 5.1 surround audio. From what I can find there currently is no app for the Apple TV 4 that supports it. I had to convert them to AC3 and embed in a video file in order to play them through my AT4.

And naturally a couple cool visualizers would be nice to keep the TV screen refreshed. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Audio incl. hi-res FLAC/ALAC playback on ATV4 would be great!

I would also very much appreciate camera photo/video support with library functionality even if a separate paid “Infuse photo” app specifically for Apple TV. It is actually shocking how poor the choices are for photo management and display on the biggest screen in the house currently–I think there is great opportunity there. Apple photos, MrMC, Plex, various fileexplorer apps and all the me-too cloud based apps all fall on their face in some way or many ways. Something that will stream LOCAL camera photo and video with an actual nice to look at interface, folder navigation, favorites, no faff with servers and transcoding or cloud services, hook into good native apple slideshow capability, and some library functionality/categorization would be GREATLY appreciated and would happily pay.

photo support is overdue for a long time now. especially when i see upcoming homekit und phillips hue support, it makes me angry. i mean, are you serious? hue before photos and music (requested for years now)?? makes me wanna cancel my subsciption…

Music in infuse: absolutely +

1 Like

I moved from Kodi to atv4k to infuse. Love this video app.
Still looking for an app to handle my music and pictures. I was hoping as many others that infuse would add these features. Appears By the long delay, they are going to stay video only.
Upside is do one thing and do it right.
Downside is if I find an app to handle music and pictures, and it also does video, I will have to drop infuse and start over again.
Infuse is missing an opportunity of becoming the Superior app on Apple TV.

1 Like

Would love to see photo slideshow function. I’ve looked for suitable apps to turn my old ipad into a photo frame and there’s nothing that will do photos from my extensive NAS collection. I don’t really want to connect an app to my google photos account.

1 Like