Multiple versions of a movie

I don’t understand how Infuse can match my viewing progress across multiple versions and multiple servers — ie recognize that it’s the same movie — but it can’t just collapse them into one poster and let me choose the version like I already can within eg Plex content. Surely most of the work is done!

1 Like

I finally bit the bullet and got a 4k TV and now I have a mix of TVs in my house. I would really like it if this feature had some movement. It’s a good suggestion, but for some reason, it’s not been commented on at all by development. If it’s not going to be moved out of the wishlist category, why not? Give some feedback instead of leaving people hanging. Right now it’s the top-rated request, has been a request since 2017, and no reason given why it shouldn’t or hasn’t been implemented other than it just hasn’t yet.

Why even have the suggestions board?

I made an account to say this is the only reason I am not using infuse, and would get premium otherwise. I have several movies with multiple cuts and resolutions, and infuse is currently unusable.

Glad to see Custom Collections in-progress for 7.4 even though it has literally half of the likes on the OP then this feature.

I know we aren’t really entitled to any development feedback but if the metric we are encouraged to do to show our support is like the OP & features with far fewer likes are chosen over this without even a peep as to the community doing the liking of the suggestion features.

It just makes the liking of suggestions seem pointless as features will be chosen at will anyways without any kind of acknowledgment on suggested features that aren’t even going to be moved into “researching”.

1 Like

Yeah I wish they would acknowledge it at least! I tried out MrMC and it has version selection.

Does MrMC just differentiate on resolution or can it handle alternate cuts (i.e. Theatrical vs Directors Cut or Extended Edition, etc.) ? TMDB doesn’t seem to know how to handle alternate cuts either.

This is on their roadmap but still might be a while. We might want to see this as a separate entry since it could have different cover, cast, runtime, etc.

At least the iOS app is based on the same titling as Emby, so yes it works for cuts. Unfortunately mrMC hasn’t been updated awhile but it shows it’s doable.

Yep. Major difference between supporting the same movie with different resolution, codecs, bit rate, etc. against an alternate version of the movie which as you state is likely to have different run time and maybe different cast and artwork.

1 Like

I have 2 files, one 4K and one 1080p, and Infuse creates two separate entries, clogging up the app. Is it really that hard to just merge them into one movie, and have the two resolutions as an option?

2 Likes

Not currently but I moved your post to a currently running thread requesting this feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

2 Likes

+1

waiting for this new feature.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

1 Like

Repost* (Still waiting for this patiently - as are alot of us! - what is the holdup? :slight_smile: )

Please consider this key request, for the sake of the future/current success of Infuse! (fingers crossed)

What would be even better is if Infuse can supercede version selection from each share, and consolidate media across all shares into a single title selection (ie. exactly 1 movie poster and 1 tv show poster displaying in the library - regardless of the number of shares or file versions)

ie. - theoretical example:

Step 1. Click on Avatar (movie)

Step 1. see versions (in a popup) as follows

Jellyfin 1A (with file information displayed beside each)
Jellyfin 1B (selection in same library - as shown in your post)
Jellyfin 2
Plex 1
Emby 1
Emby 2

Step 3. Click selection to play from the popup

[The above should also be applicable for tv show titles/posters ]

In my opinion, this change would essentially make Infuse the only legitimate media solution on the market.

[cross-post]

1 Like

waiting for this new feature.

2 Likes

Hello to all the community ! Sorry if the message is not totally well translated since I am French, and I used a translator.

I would like to make a few suggestions:

1. When we have several versions of a film (for example dvdrip and a 4K film), on the product sheet we see the different versions at the bottom, would it be possible to select the desired version directly in the “video” tab During the lecture ? To avoid making several round trips.

2. When we are on an actor’s file, we see all the films in our library in which he has acted.
    It would be great to view in another row, all the films in which he played, but that we do not have in the library and thus see his filmography.

Or, display the actor’s entire filmography, and highlight the films available in the library with a badge.

1. This has been mentioned many times in other threads, but I insist on being able to see a movie’s trailer on its page (with the IMDb database).

Thank you for your feedback!

————

Bonjour à toute la communauté ! Désoler si le message n’est pas totalement bien traduit puisque je suis français, et j’ai utilisé un traducteur.

Je voudrais faire quelques suggestions :

1. Lorsque nous avons plusieurs versions d’un film (par exemple dvdrip et un film 4K), sur la fiche produit on voit les différentes versions en bas, serait-il possible de sélectionner la version voulue directement dans l’onglet « vidéo » lors de la lecture ? Pour éviter de faire plusieurs aller-retour.

2. Lorsqu’on est sur la fiche d’un acteur, nous voyons tous les films de notre bibliothèque dans lesquels il a tourné.
    Ça serais super de visualiser dans un autre rang, tous les films dans lequel il a joué, mais que l’on ne dispose pas dans la bibliothèque et ainsi voir sa filmographie.

Ou alors, afficher toute la filmographie de l’acteur, et mettre les films disponibles dans la bibliothèque en avant avec un badge.

1. Cela a déjà évoqué plusieurs fois dans d’autres sujets, mais j’insiste sur le fait de pouvoir voir la bande-annonce d’un film sur sa page (avec la base de données IMDb).

Merci de vos retours !

I moved your post to currently running thread for this suggestion.

It makes it far easier to show support for suggestions when you limit your suggestions to one per thread. That way people can pick which ones they support.

You may want to start a new suggestion for this by itself. Infuse currently will show you what movies or TV shows an actor is in within your library. As to all videos and films and TV show that you don’t have would create a massive database and probably cause space problems but that’s just my thoughts on it.

I saw where you’ve already found that suggestion thread and have added your support. :+1:

2 Likes

Does clicking on the Heart icon mean I voted for this feature? Thanks!

2 Likes

Yup it does!

1 Like

As long as it’s the heart in the first post. :wink:

3 Likes