Multiple versions of a movie

Sorry but that was the premier reason I went with Infuse in the first place. Didn’t want or need to have a different machine running a server and support app. It just works great as it is and doesn’t really need the headache of adding other apps to just make it work. :wink:

I even deleted my early plex server (that was a CONSTANT pain) completely and didn’t look back.

2 Likes

Hi, I add my vote on this feature request. It is the only thing that makes the library look messy. Thanks!

Another use for this would be when there’s a colorized and non-colorized version of a movie in the collection (It’s a Wonderful Life, for example).

I think you CAN get around this by using XML files to specify your own metadata, but it would be nice to have Infuse handle this automatically as managing the XML files manually could turn into a nightmare if you have a lot of files that fall into this situation.

I made an account to bump this. Let’s do this!!

1 Like

Don’t forget to like the first post in this thread to add your support.

1 Like

+1
I want this feature please ! :heart:

Per the post above

1 Like

Yes please! My library is all clogged with duplicates :cry:

1 Like

Hello it would be great to make sure that the multiple formats of films / series are “merged” and that there are no doubles or triples because it is annoying. We could then just choose the version we want to see (low resolution, for low bitrates and high for 4k screens etc.)

Welcome to the forum!

I moved to your post to one with the same suggestion that is already running. Don’t forget that to show your support you need to click the like button in the first post in the thread. :wink:

would be great if it included different cuts aswell

Can we get this before the 5 year mark?

It’d be great to be able to have multiple versions (different resolutions and audio tracks) of the same movie show as one entry with an option to select which one is played without having to have Plex involved, just Infuse.

16 Likes

Definitely. Also, would be nice to have it automatically pick a default quality depending on your device. For instance, on iOS I would want it to choose the lower quality for downloading. For Apple TV I want it to choose the highest quality.

1 Like

Agreed. Infuse’s core functionality becoming a second-class actor in its own software is not something I’m keen on. I’m using Infuse not because I’ve never been with the alternatives, but because I’ve used the others–like Plex with a Lifetime Plex Pass for years–and determined that Infuse is a better fit. I’m seeing multiple of these Plex features that should be ported to Infuse’s core offering first, and not only for those who obviously cannot let go of Plex.

For 5.7.4, we’re working to allow multiple versions of the same movie to be grouped together. This will work whether you use Plex or not.

Is this just done for resolutions?

The reason I ask is that I have a number of normal and HSBS 3D versions of a movie; so will they also be grouped together?

Is the grouping done by the fact that the films have the same IMDb ID, in which case it should work for my case?

Should work in this case too.

OK, as a non-Plex user, I excitedly updated to 5.7.5 in anticipation of being able to host multiple versions of my movies aka “Plex Play”. The anticipation quickly turned to disappointment when I realised that Infuse users that don’t use Plex seem to have been re-prioritised!
I checked the upcoming features list and it wasn’t there either.
I realise that the commercial focus for the 5.7 release was all about supporting our Plex using buddies, but what about the rest of us!
Please bring some focus back to the “Just say no to Plex” community !!!

1 Like

It did seem to drop off the radar for those of us that only use Infuse. Hopefully the Infuse team will remember us and get this feature back to “Pending” soon instead of disappearing totally.

1 Like