Multiple versions of a movie

Good job!! Way better this way.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Recognize tags for cuts/parts in filenames

Awesome :clap:t4: Love this new direction of the implementation. Hopefully this makes the path towards adding support for TV shows much easier?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Recognize tags in filenames for cuts/parts

This really looks great! Do you think you will be expanding this feature to TV Shows? I have quite a few shows both on Blu-ray and DVD (mainly because of different foreign language tracks and corresponding subtitles which were never released on Blu-ray) and at the moment I have not found a way to organize these in Infuse. This way I could just pick the resolution depending on which language I wanted to watch in, and the Infuse interface wouldn’t be clogged up with endless duplicate entries anymore. That really would be amazing!!

The feature in 7.5 will be for movies only, but I’ve created a new thread for TV shows you can follow/support.

1 Like

Thank you, James!! Here’s hoping for 7.5.1 then… :grin:

Will Plex’ editions integration also be available then?

Plex supports play version if you press and hold the play button. Beyond that, nothing is being added to the next version for Plex servers.

1 Like

This would be a separate feature, and it looks like there is an existing suggestion thread here.

1 Like

I just installed the 7.5 update
My Infuse is connected to my plex server. For each movie, I have a 4K version and an HD version. Is it normal that Infuse doesn’t show them to me as a group? However, when I click on play, I can choose the version … I think it would be nice to display the 2 versions available on the movie’s file

Grouping of multiple versions into Smart Groups is now available in today’s 7.5 release! :smiley:

1 Like

For Plex versions, you can long-press on the Play button to select from different versions. You can also follow this thread for additional support in this area.

1 Like

Blockquote

love it! One question @james infuse will detect director cuts and other version by file name or duration?

It will go off of the file names. the release announcement has some info on this.

1 Like

Additional details on using this can be found in the Metadata 101 guide.

2 Likes

I just noticed that Cocaine bear 1080p & 4K has different ratings & genre. The problem is TMDB?

You may have to refresh the metadata since that’s a new movie and those parameters may have changed since you added them. You can check on TMDB to see what’s current.

I’d just refresh both and see if their then the same.

EDIT TO ADD: There were multiple changes to the genre in the last 24 hours for that movie so it should match after you refresh both.

3 Likes

I tried to look in the metadata 101 post what is 4K DV but no success. Do you know what it’s?

Update: it’s 4K Dolby Vision

1 Like

It’s saying you have 2 copies of that file, one is 1080p and the other is a 4KDV file.

1 Like