Multipart-Movies only recognized once

On my TimeCapsule i have a split movie (2 hourst split)

/Movies/Ein gutes Jahr (1)/Ein gutes Jahr 1.mkv

/Movies/Ein gutes Jahr (2)/Ein gutes Jahr.m4v

Unfortunately only the second part is recognized in Infuse. It is tagged correctly, but i am missing the second half. How can i get infuse to recognize the Movie twice and tag it correclty?

[quote="fanta"]

On my TimeCapsule i have a split movie (2 hourst split)

/Movies/Ein gutes Jahr (1)/Ein gutes Jahr 1.mkv

/Movies/Ein gutes Jahr (2)/Ein gutes Jahr.m4v

Unfortunately only the second part is recognized in Infuse. It is tagged correctly, but i am missing the second half. How can i get infuse to recognize the Movie twice and tag it correclty?

[/quote]

Hopefully someone from the development team will help you out, but I've found the easiest way to deal with multipart movies is to remux them with mkvtoolnix: MKVToolNix - Bunkus.org

I had some multi-part movies that infuse would list twice (they were in the same folder named filename-a.avi and filename-b.avi for example). I couldn't work out a way of getting inFuse to handle them properly, and remuxing them keeps things tidy anyway. It doesn't take long to remux as it's not actually converting the video, just re-containering it (I know, that's not a word...)

I should add, mkvtoolnix doesn't work for all file types. If you need to deal with .avi files, I found this works on a linux/unix machine (with the mplayer package installed):

cat a-fish-called-wanda.cd1.avi a-fish-called-wanda.cd2.avi > tmp.avi && mencoder -forceidx -oac copy -ovc copy tmp.avi -o a-fish-called-wanda-complete.avi && rm -f tmp.avi

Unfortunately Infuse doesn't currently support multi-part movies, but this is something we're planning to add in an upcoming version.

PS - Thanks for sharing your workaround avidmoviegoer. :)

Why are Multi Part Movies not supported yet?

+1