Multi-users/profiles

All is in the title !

Sorry I do not speak good English but it would be nice to have the possibility to create several profile in order to separate the progressions of views of each user. You know? :slight_smile:

Allow for several user acounts.
Main reason would be to scrobble stats to the correct user.
If we are several family members all watching the same tv show, but separately. Each family member wish their own watch-stats.
Compare to Netflix…

You could expand this concept to limit a user to some content, like Kids acount and password protected adult acounts, that is not my main concern though.

It seems something like this may be coming in tvOS 11…

This seem to be for the complete apple TV. That might be a solution.

I would like to have a common setup for my library and those settings. But separate the scrobbling per user, also allow for separate Trakt accounts.
I think this must be a function in the app, or at least the app need to support a muti-user environment.

Coming from using Plex on my media systems to Infuse on Apple, it would be good if the following were implemented

1. Profiles with abilities to set user content ratings, pins, watchlists, etc
  2. ExtendedInfo for movies and tv shows, ie when view a movie details it shows other movies in the set, similar movies, details about the cast
3 Likes

Yes it’s been years and they still haven’t done this

1 Like

Yeah this is getting annoying. They keep posting that’s it’s “planned” but never happens

1 Like

You may want to like the first post in the thread to show your support.

It’s been done plenty of times already.

Will Infuse Pro ever support usernames like Emby has ? Guessing not.

1 Like

Putting my vote in here as well. Multi-user support would be great.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

1 Like

I don’t need of this as I live alone, but it would be very interesting. Anyway, there should be an auto-select user profile options on opening so I will not have to always select my profile before to access to Infuse Home Screen.

Integration between AppleTV users and Infuse. Similar to the behavior of AppleTV video app, depending on the user profile selected it will show specific relevant content.

The idea is that we could have a Traktv account linked to a specific user, and also that we see relevant library content based on the user is using the app/selected on ATV.

For example:
My wife has her own TVShow folder, and I have mine. On each profile we have configured that the library will only show content from our own folder, and also when she watches a new episode automatically will be tracked on her Traktv account.

At the moment we have to share Traktv account and I keep seeing added episodes of series I don’t care about, basically adding rubbish to my profile. And she has to keep browsing forever to find her relevant content, because my library is full of content that she doesn’t care about.

1 Like

Much needed!

1 Like

How can this NOT have been added yet? Its been 5 years since this post was created. And afaik EVERY other mediaplaying software out there has multiuser support.

Im gonna take a wild guess and say that most people do share their mediaplayer with someone else, be that a parent, brother/sister, girlfriend/boyfriend SO/partner or just living with a friend. How can the devs at infuse believe that we are satisfied with using the software with ONE user when most users will want to keep track on which episode on which season they are. or which movies they’ve watched. sharing the same user is just plain dumb. and i do not understand how this cant be at the top of the list of things to implement RIGHT NOW.

i for one will revert back to a software that has multiuser support (like plex or emby) very soon if this isnt in one of the closest upcoming updates. because its a living hell trying to keep track of whats been watched and not when living in a family.

its a shame i didnt do my homework before paying for the “lifetime plan”. but i believe multiuser is such a common function that i didnt even look it up.

3 Likes

How can this NOT have been added yet? Its been 5 years since this post was created. And afaik EVERY other mediaplaying software out there has multiuser support.

Im gonna take a wild guess and say that most people do share their mediaplayer with someone else, be that a parent, brother/sister, girlfriend/boyfriend SO/partner or just living with a friend. How can the devs at infuse believe that we are satisfied with using the software with ONE user when most users will want to keep track on which episode on which season they are. or which movies they’ve watched. sharing the same user is just plain dumb. and i do not understand how this cant be at the top of the list of things to implement RIGHT NOW.

i for one will revert back to a software that has multiuser support (like plex or emby) very soon if this isnt in one of the closest upcoming updates. because its a living hell trying to keep track of whats been watched and not when living in a family.

its a shame i didnt do my homework before paying for the “lifetime plan”. but i believe multiuser is such a common function that i didnt even look it up.

This is exactly why my family, some friends and I are using Plex again and have all cancelled their subscription to infuse. Once Infuse is multi-user on the AppleTV, I’d like to reverse that …

I was too late to cancel my annual subscription this year, but this will be the last year exactly for this reason. A family of 4, each watching their own thing. My “continue watching” is full of half watched animation movies and is becoming a real pain to navigate. I have “liked” the original suggestion so many times, but to no avail. Infuse is a great piece of software and the fact that my family can watch on their i-pads & ATV (two of them) at the same time is magic. But really, is it that difficult to allow each user to have their own profile so they can keep track of what THEY are watching?

And while we are on the subject of changes, when will we ever be able to have more library choices than just Movies, Shows and Other? I like the library but why should my Music concerts, stand-up comedies etc. be lumped in as Movies?

Just to try and keep sane i have to connect Infuse to a running Plex server. Another machine powered on…Not very good for the environment is it? hehe

Welcome to Infuse.
They’re not interested in innovation anymore.

They started with a clear mission: bring to Apple TV both the most beautiful and full featured media player.
Anyway, they lost this mission many years ago and now they’re just focused on catch as subscribers as possible.

At least, there’s a big mission where they are #1: ignoring ALL and ANY challenge feedbacks, and they’re really doing well on this. Period.

3 Likes

Being a small development team you can’t expect them to be as feature rich as other services such as plex. Infuse tends to focus more on quality of playback versus other things. They did just bring a macOS app which was quite a large undertaking and they are still working on matching quality with iOS counterparts. The continuous OS updates also means a significant amount of time is done debugging issues from those. Sure everyone has that one feature they desperately want but as with all technology I don’t recommend getting it based on promises of future support.

1 Like