Multi-Episode File Naming?

I have a feeling that several items like this will not get implemented until after the switch to TMDb to prevent any fallout from changing metadata behavior. It’s important to continue adding features to increase user base, like adding the Mac app, but that does increase number of requests as well.

You’re spot on. Until someone says more than 5 people ask for it they don’t add anything like trailers, background music I can’t believe I’m still paying a subscription to be honest

This is something we are planning to integrate in an upcoming version (the tag on this thread was recently changed to ‘Planned’).

As @munpip214 mentioned, TV show fetching is getting revamped in the upcoming 7.1 release and these changes will allow for additional flexibility for additions like this one, as well as things like alternate sort orders and actor artwork.

2 Likes

@james Sounds awesome! Please do consider it for a 7.2.1 update. :wink:

Cheers and keep up the good work!

Is 7.1 supposed to solve the problem with Multi episode files?

Nope, it’s showing “Planned” so you can keep an eye out for when here

1 Like

+1

Please add this feature in Multi episode files

+1 feature still needed

This has been requested since 2015

It is tagged as “planned”

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Done :slight_smile:

True, but 7 years later…

1 Like

don’t hold your breath 7 years and still nothing, just like fanart for different seasons I asked about years ago still nothing! I went back to Plex for this reason. seems the stuff that gets fixed in all the new updates are stuff they broke in the first place

2 Likes

Yes please, also been waiting for this for ages.

2 Likes

Bump 1+

Can I bump again? Bump.

Let’s get some traction!

3 Likes

+1 for this feature

I use the S04E07E08 scheme; but yeah, it’s only recognized as episode 7. There is no episode 8 in the list — the next item is episode 9. Though, to be fair, showing 8 would be redundant since it’d just replay the previous video (episode 7&8 combined).

Such titles might benefit from splitting using software like mkvtoolnix which takes very little time — unless a format conversion is needed that something like handbrake can facilitate.

Given that this - Have two parts of a movie (CD01 and CD02) appear as one? - is slated for upcoming, can we hope this one is too??

Take note that this thread is also tagged as “planned” :wink:

What does “planned” really mean? I don’t see it listed for any of the upcoming versions :confused:

As it says “Feature has been given a loose internal timeframe (no ETA available)”

1 Like

Planned just means that they will work on it at some point but haven’t started yet. Once it moves to in-progress it will be coming in the near future. Not everything gets out on the roadmap during the planned stage but usually all the in-progress stuff does. Also in-progress doesn’t mean next release. It could be spread over many that include multiple months of development

2 Likes