Multi-Episode File Naming?

+1 for support, my unfortunate workaround was to rename my episodes to start 01, 03, 05, etc. Haven’t spent the time to update the file titles in plex to include the 2nd story title.

Infuse has most of the features that majority of the users need and it is amazing. One of my best subscriptions ever.

Having said that, this feature really is the one I think is beneficial to have, coupled with .NFO support for directing Infuse to a specific URL to scrape for better organising the archive.

+1 from me.

+1 from me. Still looking like there are missing some episodes

Welcome to the forum!

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

For instance, the video contains 2 episodes (Chicago Fire - S06E22 S06E23 - One for the Ages - The Grand Gesture) , how do I add it to the season

Infuse doesn’t currently support this but I moved your post to the currently running suggestion thread for this feature. For now, if you want the only solution is to split it into two files.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

2 Likes

Multi-Episodes : S01E01E02E03 (Season : S01… Episode : E01,E02,E03)

Works best for me anyhoo, really not that important if resume works for me… important that the episodes are fetched properly imo :slight_smile:

@dr0op
That Actually did work but then it only had the first episode’s name for example it was S01E23E24 so the episode added was S01E23

yea, that’s the downside of having multi-episodes :pensive:

I have some Friends episodes that are 2 episodes in a single file and currently infuse just misses the 2nd one out when listing the episodes. I have tried them named like this ‘Friends - S01E16 E17.m4v’ and like this ‘Friends - S01E16-E17.m4v’ but Episode 17 just isn’t listed :frowning:

It appears that Plex and XBMC have a good way of dealing with this situation but not Infuse or am I missing something?

This is how Plex and XBMC do it:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/30011/double-episodes-in-single-files

2 Likes

+1 for this feature. So annoying and there is a lot of shows actually that start or end a season with double episodes.

This is on our radar to look into for a future update.

Same: +1 for this feature. :slight_smile:

Will be great if it will support all kind of naming conventions, like:

ShowName.S01E01-E02.avi
ShowName.S01E01E02.avi
ShowName.S01E0102.avi
ShowName.S01E01-02.avi

Hi, was this feature ever implemented? I’ve a number of TV movies that were originally several episodes but have been combined into a single file. Infuse won’t find the correct metadata for this if I don’t include the series/episode detail in the filename but if I do it only thinks it’s the first episode.

There is a thread running in the Suggestions forum you can add your support to here Multi-Episode File Naming?

1 Like

2021 and this still isn’t available wow! ive got loads of files ive had to rename cause infuse cant do this as other media players can

Hi !

I have a TV Show that has 2 episodes (following the official classification) merged in a single episode on the BluRay (1x01 & 1x02 in one 90mins video instead of 2 x45mins).

I used to name this “large” episode “TVShow 1x01-1x02.mkv” but the latest 7.X version doesn’t recognize this episode.

Anyone can help ?

LePousson

Infuse currently doesn’t support this but I moved your post to a currently running suggestion thread for this feature. Note it is currently tagged as “Planned”.

Thanks for that !! (like on 1st post done !)

1 Like

Remember to STAY POSITIVE like NC_Bullseye does though! It’s only been a mere 6 years since the original request, and I estimate only another 6 years to go until it changes from ‘Planned’ to ‘Postponed’. Not wait. I mean ‘Possibly Planned’, no sorry I mean ‘We built a MAC version before getting this one the best it could be, so now there’s definitely no resource’ or even ‘I read the request, what more do you want’. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You’d be best requesting the source code and trying to write the change yourself and then submitting it to James to review. Even if you can’t code, I bet you’d be close to knowing how to in the time it’ll take to wait…

I know all of that sounds maybe a little too snarky, but let’s be honest - the Suggestions section is kind of a joke when you look at all of the top like Suggestions. It’s not user based or user driven - it’s picking the easy wins no matter how few likes they get.

1 Like