movies & tv shows missing from menu

Hi,

I jailbroke my ATV2 today, after the jailbreak the options " Movies " & "TV Shows" are missing from the home screen of the ATV2. Anyone has experience on how to get these two options back? I cannot rent any movies or tv shows anymore :-(

Thank you

tony

I’ve got the same problem…

Check to ensure your country is set correctly in the General --> Settings --> iTunes Store menu.

The Movies and TV Shows menu will be hidden for some countries.

Me too :frowning:

The iTunes store location is correct.  I’m in Japan, and the “movies” menu used to be there before jailbraking.  

Similar issue, however, mine happened today. Bought and JB’ed the ATV2 on Saturday. Been running perfect until today when I removed the Ethernet link and connected it wirelessly to a brand-new airport extreme. I am currently signed into my iTunes account via the ATV2 (location is USA) and I no longer have the Movies or TV menu items. I have an un-JB’ed ATV2 right next to it and it has the menu items.

I had a similar problem. The menus were there after the jailbreak and disappeared only after I did the Seas0nPass hide menu option. If anyone can tell me how to unhide the Seas0nPass menu I’ll see if they come back.

-Paul

Its resolved for me - it was not hiding the Seas0nPass menu that broke it for me, I also did the change in /etc/hosts to stop the update message at about the same time. Removing these brought the menus back. I had added 127.0.0.1 itunes.apple.com.edgesuite.net which broke it, with this removed the menus are back.

Now I am having this issue - just with the Music section on ATV2 - location set to Canada on itunes…tried to see if it was hidden in Overflow - it does not even show up in that menu.

Any suggestions?

I had the same problem of missing tv shows & movies in the menu. I don’t remember if this happened before or after I installed the plugin “Overflow” through NitoTV. If you add any missing menu item to overflow you can at least access it. I moved all jailbroken menu items to the Main Menu and moved original Apple menu items to the overflow. Now I can at least access all menu items. Hope this will help someone…

I suspect that the cause may be that my Jailbreak may have been incomplete. Jailbroken on iOS 4.4.4

I NEEED HELPPPING  FOR  TWO DAY I AM TRYING TO  JAIL BREAK THIS …  INSTALL AND RUN  SEASON PASS.  … ETC.

THEM I PLU MY  BOX IN  TV. THE SAME FUCKING  THREE MENU.   FUCK… JOKE. 

DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL ATV FLASH TOO. 

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP… FUCKING HELPPPP. MAN

Have you tried looking for the extra settings menu under the original ATV menu where you set up your wifi, country, and can see your atv version and do audio video. (sorry, I’m at work so I don’t have the screen in front of me and its escaping my train of thought).  There is a menu item at the very bottom under STANDBY i think (its ‘under’ the screen so you can’t see it - scroll all the way to the bottom and select it - I think there is an area in there to disable/enable menu selections that is totally different from Overflow.  This one will literally turn on or off having MOVIES or TV showing up at all on the main menu.

If its not in there - it might be in the extra settings menu all the way to the right most side of the mainscreen menus (as they were before putting anything into overflow that is).  I think BT STACK and Screen saver settings are in there.  See if its in here.  This might help?

My problem isn’t missing menu items, its that using the apple menu stuff reboots the atv and doesn’t let you rent movies or tv shows.  Anyone.  James, any ideas - I’ve posted at awkwardtv.org as well to see if its due to nitotv weather plugin issues and their removal but haven’t heard or seen anything on that site in response and it doesn’t look like its used / posted on much anymore.

Hope that helps the last poster.

To the other dude - “All Caps Guy”…really?

Are you using Overflow at all, or are any of the standard menus hidden?

There have been a few reports of issues with the Movies and TV Shows menus when the Internet menu is hidden, or in Overflow.

Awesome - thanks much James.  It is the Internet being hidden in Overflow that was causing it.  I also had Nito in there.  I took everything out of there and my Movies display across the top of the screen and I am again able to rent them. (TV Shows works as well).  It was only Internet being in there that effected this.  I repeated putting it back in and it immediately lost the Movie and TV setting.  Taking it out and putting Nito in there had no effect.

Thanks again.  Happy New Year!!!

Chaps,

Having exactly the same issue but my TV Shows menu option is missing. iTunes store and location all set to UK. I currently have Couch Surfer, Media Player and weather installed.

The menu actually disappeared before my eyes when I first used the ATV this morning.

Not sure what is going on here?

Same issues here.

From the logs it seems like there are some conflicting packages (another appliance preventing the TV and Movies appliance from loading):

Jan  8 00:36:21 AppleTV kernel[0]: IOReturn AppleRGBOUT::set_display_device_gated(uint32_t), 2

Jan  8 00:36:21 AppleTV kernel[0]: Redundant call to IOReturn AppleRGBOUT::set_digital_out_mode_gated(uint32_t, uint32_t) 49 15

Jan  8 00:36:21 AppleTV kernel[0]: [000000.086887]: IODPAudioDriver::message:(0x8579d000) Audio Link started

Jan  8 00:36:21 AppleTV kernel[0]: AppleRGBOUT, capabilities:supportsMirroring=0

Jan  8 00:36:22: — last message repeated 1 time —

Jan  8 00:36:22 AppleTV AppleTV[375]: NOTE: Currently the TV and Movie appliances break other appliances in 4.4, disabling!!!

Jan  8 00:36:22 AppleTV AppleTV[375]: Appliance com.apple.frontrow.appliance.music not loaded because it doesn’t have any categories.

Jan  8 00:36:22 AppleTV AppleTV[375]: NOTE: Currently the TV and Movie appliances break other appliances in 4.4, disabling!!!

Jan  8 00:36:22 AppleTV AppleTV[375]: NITOTV INITIALIZE

Jan  8 00:36:22 AppleTV AppleTV[375]: after sleep

Jan  8 00:36:23 AppleTV AppleTV[375]: +[<ATVSWUpdateCheckTask: 0x3f1ad93c> _shouldPerformCheck]

Jan  8 00:36:23 AppleTV AppleTV[375]: NOTE: Currently the TV and Movie appliances break other appliances in 4.4, disabling!!!

Jan  8 00:36:23 AppleTV AppleTV[375]: Appliance com.apple.frontrow.appliance.music not loaded because it doesn’t have any categories.

Jan  8 00:36:23 AppleTV AppleTV[375]: NOTE: Currently the TV and Movie appliances break other appliances in 4.4, disabling!!!

Jan  8 00:36:23 AppleTV AppleTV[375]: PM: Set PM idle time to 15 seconds.

Jan  8 00:36:23 AppleTV AppleTV[375]: PM: Set PM assertion to hold off idle sleep.

Jan  8 00:36:23 AppleTV AppleTV[375]: PM: Set PM assertion to enable idle sleep.

So anybody got any ideas ow to resolve this. Am happy to post logs from my ATV if that helps (if someone could tell me how…)

Thanks in advance.

Do you have the Internet menu disabled? The current version will disable both Movies and TV Shows when the Internet menu is hidden, as neither will work correctly when Internet is hidden.

thx for help GUY.  DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO ADD ALL  HBO, PPV, BET,  CNN . CTV. ETC.  NBA.  UFC.  ALL NHL . ETC. . THAT POSSIBLE TO ADD 

SOME ONE EXPLAIN  HOW TO DO THAT.

THANK. 

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.
The internet menu is enabled here. (That works fine by the way)