movies purchased in iTunes

Hi,

I would like to know if the ATV Flash supports the playing on movies that have been purchased in iTunes. As I would like to copy all my movies to a USB HHD, attach it to the airport extreme and stream them to my apple tv rather than having to leave the iMac on to do this.

Thanks

hi carl,

I would like to know if the ATV Flash supports the playing on movies that have been purchased in iTunes. 

-> yes. the basic functionality of the the atv remains unchanged.

As I would like to copy all my movies to a USB HHD, attach it to the airport extreme and stream them to my apple tv rather than having to leave the iMac on to do this.

-> thats what atv flash is made for. with atv flash you can directly stream file formats iTunes doesn´t support directly from your nas.

regards,

kai

Hi, thanks for the answer, I made have not made myself clear. I would like to know if movies purchased in ITunes will work with the ATV Flash as I believe these are DRM protected. I know that movies in other formats will work as I use Airvideo but this doesn’t support movies purchased in iTunes 

Thanks

Carl

Carl, hard to tell what you’re asking.

• The ATV Flash does nothing to break iTunes functionality.  So you can play movies purchased in iTunes through iTunes.

• If what you want is to copy the DRM-protected m4v you bought to a USB drive, there is no simple way to do this that I know of.  That’s why I avoid iTunes and buy Blu-Ray discs.

i did have drm itunes movies working in media player at one point i replicated my iTunes settings and files from my computer on my nas and they played as though i was on my computer, hasnt worked since i changed some settings will try again though.