Movie name metadata matching with date string in the file name

Hello,

I noticed that movie files containing a date anywhere in the file name are not matched to the correct metadata automatically.

I have some files with the following name pattern:

Movie Name (Year) - (2020-01-01, Detail1, Detail2).mkv

The 2020-01-01 is the date when I added the file to my library.

Without the date, Infuse can find the correct meta data, for example:

Movie Name (Year) - (Detail1, Detail2).mkv

It doesn’t matter how the details are formatted: As soon as there is a date (or year?) in the file name, even if the movies year is in parenthesis right behind the movies name like in my example above, Infuse can’t find the correct metadata.

It seems Infuse is picking up the year from the last date string in the file name, but I’m not sure.

Is there any way to add the date like in my example without confusing Infuse?

Is there any public information about Infuses movie name matching logic?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards

Don’t know for sure but Infuse is looking for Title then Year so I’d guess that it takes the last year in the file name as the year of release, that’s the only way it can work for movies like “1984 (1953).mkv” or “2001 A Space Odyssey (1968).mkv”

I’d say either delete the year from your file name or maybe just use the last two digits like “22-01-01” instead of “2022-01-01” as the date you added it to your library.

2 Likes

Hi @NC_Bullseye,

thanks a lot for your answer.

Don’t know for sure but Infuse is looking for Title then Year so I’d guess that it takes the last year in the file name as the year of release, that’s the only way it can work for movies like “1984 (1953).mkv” or “2001 A Space Odyssey (1968).mkv”

ah, this explains it, thank you!

I’d say either delete the year from your file name or maybe just use the last two digits like “22-01-01” instead of “2022-01-01” as the date you added it to your library.

Writing the year with only two digits is a simple, yet great idea :slight_smile:

I just tested it, and it works!

This is an acceptable solution for me :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.