Movie cast

I’ve used infuse 6 pro since it came out on atv4, view movies in the list mode with movie poster on the right and the cast on the left and the description underneath.
I’ve noticed over the last few weeks a few movies had the cast missing. Today there are only a few that have the cast listed.
Also movie poster replaced with screenshot image. No settings were changed.
I tried to manually add the metadata to see if this was the issue. No change.
I rechecked the settings and there has been no changes.

You may want to check TMDB and see if the cast is currently listed more than what you’re seeing.

Also you may want to follow this currently running thread that talks about some problems at TMDB recently that may be affecting you. Erratic Movie Artwork

I’ve checked the tmdb and the cast info is there. Of course they don’t display it as infuse does so I can’t say where the problem is. If they show movie cast and infuse doesn’t, I’d say something between them went wrong, that’s why I’m bringing this up.
There is a string about the movie poster having an issue but they don’t mention movie cast, so I’m not sure if it is the same problem.
If they’re connected, then fixing one should solve the other.

Is there one specific movie that you know for a fact had more cast listed and now has less? That would help in the digging around.

The avenger collection had cast, the first one called the avengers no longer has the cast
Others that had the cast yesterday but not today are
Armageddon-1998, assassins-1995, the 5 movie bourne collection has none except the last one called Jason Bourne still shows cast. These are just a few.
I have approx 2,000 movies so I cannot name them all. Almost all from the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s have lost the cast listings.

The movie Armageddon from 1998 had lost the cast and poster changed to screen image.
I did the manual metadata and it corrected the screen image back to the poster as before, but still no cast listing.
Attached is aquaman showing the full screen and Armageddon showing the missing cast.

Is this the one you are having problems with? It shows the same before and after an “Edit metadata” for me. Sorry I can’t duplicate it.

This one has been manually refresh 3 times and this is what I see.

Just to make sure we’re both talking about the same thing, when you say refresh do you mean long pressing on the title and selecting “Edit Metadata” then selecting the correct movie from the list below the search block?

Yes, that’s what I meant.

Thanks for verifying that. :slight_smile:

Two other things, first what country are you in and second have you tried a restart of the ATV?

My country is Canada and I restarted the Apple TV 4K, still no cast info. It did allow me to now get the correct movie poster when I manually refresh the movie title.

One interesting observation is this title has a genre of ‘Fantasy’ whereas the genres listed on TMDb are ‘Science Fiction, Action, Adventure’.

Can you check to see if you have the ‘Embedded Metadata’ option enabled in Settings?

If this is enabled, Infuse will use the info embedded within your file(s) instead of the info from TMDb.

I use a .nfo file for a genre change as I don’t like some of the ones applied.
I removed the.nfo file, refreshed movie title and cast now appeared. Put .nfo file back and cast disappeared.
The cast issue was working.
Below is the file I used.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> Fantasy

?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“UTF-8” standalone=“yes” ?
movie
genre Fantasy /genre
/movie

The above doesn’t appear as in the file, in the previous message.

I think you’ll have to change the file type from xml or nfo to txt to post it. I believe the forum software sees an xml file as an executable.

Do you have the cast listed in the NFO file?

When using XML or NFO files, Infuse will only display the items included in the file. This is done by design so you have the ability to hide certain items, if needed.

The only change is the genre as you can see above. This works great for the genre change.
Why is the cast list disappearing? Is this since the last update? The cast list just started to disappear but I’ve used the .nfo file for genre change for months.

IIRC, this has been how NFO files have worked since Infuse started supporting them awhile back.

Fields that are empty or omitted are not visible in the UI.

Not sure what you mean as omitted or empty fields don’t show in ui , because the only thing that doesn’t show is the area for the cast listing. All other data is there. Shouldn’t the description and movie length, year, etc. all disappear also?
I assume by ui you mean user interface and the ui is the area where all the info appears.